Tuesday, May 31st, 2011 | Fashion, Featured Looks, Shoes | Comments Off
Meilily Featured ShopStyle Look: Sophisticated (and Playful) Two-tone Neutrals!
Looking for a way to stay chic without going bright or pastel? Look no further: Get inspired by this sophisticated and playful take on two-tone neutrals for Spring & Summer.
Platform sandals? Check! Sleeveless dress? Check! Straw satchel? Check!
This chic look centers around an up-to-date beige sleeveless dress by Hoss Intropia, a Spanish brand that I have recently gotten into. Add on playful accessories like an Alexander McQueen knuckle ring clutch in Buff, paired with two-tone Elizabeth & James heels, and you’re well on your way to fabulous!
Check out more of the items from this set:
Clockwise from top center:
- 3.1 Phillip Lim Floating Peplum Top with Wrap Belt – Gorgeous shimmery fabric
- Proenza Schouler Shorts – Celebrate Oktoberfest early, Hm?
› Continue reading
Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 | Fashion, Photos, Style Picks | 4 Comments
Bringing you yet another Under $100 haul… this time from indie clothing sensation, ModCloth.com! For my first-ever ModCloth purchase, I managed to pick up some pretty fantastic items, if I may say so myself, all for under $100.
Total cost = › Continue reading
Check out more photos of my very special makeover on the Thi Cosmetics blog (and additional photos by Kandidlight Photography)! It was an amazing experience (hair, brows, makeup, lashes), and I loved every minute of it! Thank you so much, Taylor and Mimi!
About Thi Cosmetics: Taylor Pham started Thi Cosmetics with business partner and multi-talented friend Mimi Tran Rickett, and since then they have opened a gorgeous makeup studio in downtown Palo Alto, CA. If you’re in the area, definitely stop by – you’ll be hooked!
Read about all the details of my Thi Cosmetics Halloween Contest Makeover up next…
*See more about Thi Cosmetics on Meilily here.
[Photos shown above, clockwise from top right: studio chandelier, my makeover and costume, inside the Thi Make-up Studio. Thanks to Mimi for manning the camera while I was getting made over!]
Meilily * Live Beautifully!
Monday, August 31st, 2009 | Fashion, Shoes, Style Picks | Comments Off
Meilily SHOEvolution! Strappy to Stripes
How does one get from the strappy sandal to striped boot?…
Meilily presents a visual SHOEvolution concept in black and white to represent the style transition from sandal weather to boot weather and from straps to stripes. Check it out below, along with details on these shoes available on FarFetch.com, Meilily’s shoe inspiration… › Continue reading
Saturday, July 18th, 2009 | Fashion | Comments Off
Meilily has once again joined forces with Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) to bring you the top editor-selected links this week! Meilily made the list! Check it out!
Make New Friends, But Keep the Old…
Edited by AsheMischief
Because fashion bloggers love both silver & gold!
Okay, that was a bit of a cheesy, childhood song for those Stateside, but I did notice one thing this week– fresh new faces and old familiar ones. From long time contributors like Mademoiselle Robot and The Musings of Ondo Lady, to new (-to-me) Our Ocean, Links á la Mode is an amazing way to meet new bloggers and discover new territories. Think of today as Make a New Friend Day on Links á la Mode…read new blogs for a fresh dose of inspiration and revisit your favorites to remember why you love them!
As always, we’ve got a delightful mash-up of posts, too… from how to score review samples to a thoughtful post on The Uniform Project and lots of great summer clothes and jewelry. Be sure to check out the forums too, as there are several great contests going on!
Links à la Mode : July 16th
- 39thandbroadway.com – NYC vs LA – The Fashion Week Debate
- Fabulous Finds Gal – Who doesn’t love a gorgeous pin-up? The pin-up poet’s gorgeous and creative new amazing book and insightful interview with the author.
- Fashion Dare – A Nautical Nod
- Fasshonaburu – Everyone has a list like this, places to go before you turn 50, a “bucket list” of things to do before you kick it, etc. Well, it sounds shallow and superficial (and by “sounds” I mean “is”), but I have a list of things I want to buy before I enter my nex
- HiFashion – The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Good Health
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek – Wide-leg pants and how to make them work for you
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Not Buying It: How has the recession affected your fashion blog?
- Mademoiselle Robot – A London Girl’s shopping guide to Stockholm.
- Meilily – Island Style Pick: Wood & Bead Bracelet
- Our Ocean – A colourful review of the clothes in An American in Paris.
- Retro Chick – Lulu Guinness Holiday Resort 2009 Collection
- Shop Diary – 2 days ago 1stdibs.com, the renowned antiques site, just launched a vintage couture, fashion and accessories designer section.
- The Capitol Fashionista – Modern Fashionista Travel with Vintage Luggage: What better way to add a little touch of class than packing it all up in vintage luggage.
- THE COVETED – Gorgeous New, More Affordable Denim from A|X and a $500 A| Gift Card Giveaway
- The Fashion Planner – ShoeDazzle – Review of Kim Kardashian’s shoe club.
- the musings of ondo lady – Mention the word Biba and you can bet that any decent fashionista will go all starry eyed. This is because along with Mary Quant, Diane von Furstenberg and Twiggy, Biba is right up there as one of the iconic fashion brands of the 60s and 70s.
- The Recessionista – 2 days ago Essential Summer Style Tips–Tips for essential summer wardrobe staples: Tips from The Recessionista Blog and Jones’ New York Style Guru Lloyd Boston
- Think Thru Fashion – Agate Accessories: Find affordable ways to wear the trendy crystal.
- threadbared – How the Uniform Project highlights fashion’s one constant — the tension between individuality and standardization
- tickle – Fresh Catch! tickle grills the designers of Delirius, a line as flirty as NY girls
- Unfunded – All Eyes on Hayden Panettiere and Lace!
Dear readers, Meilily has joined forces with Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) to bring you the top 20 editor-selected IFB links this week! Meilily is on the list! Enjoy!
Edited by Dramtis Personae
This week’s Links á la Mode is a fashion potluck, a hodge podge of politics in fashion, interviews with fabulous designers, bloggers, and photographers, flashbacks in to our fashion past, and great shops and designers to check out. I couldn’t make rhyme or theme of the collection, so just sit back & enjoy some of the best the Independent Fashion Bloggers had to offer this week!
Links à la Mode : June 19th
- A Typical Atypical – Thrifting – how to thrift with success – a step by step introduction for thrifting newbies
- Awakened Aesthetic – Ever have those utterly feminine, against-the-trend days? From lingerie to accessories, Jennifer Nicole goes ethereal
- Bonne Vie – Parasol Party Review
- Breakfast at Saks – Es Trella
- Denimaniac – Best Denim Shops | Denham
- dramatis personae – Plus-Sized Eco-Friendly Fashion: A Myth?
- Fashion Matchmaker – Awesome giveaway, enter to win a beautiful, summery Love Quotes scarf!
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Get the summer blues by entering for a chance to win a pair of Current/Elliott boyfriend jeans!
- Felicia Sullivan – Interview: Entrepreneur and CEO at 24, Lindsay Phillips on Interchangable Flip Flops, Manufacturing in China, and Discovering Your Ideal Business Partner: Your Mom!
- in-mode.com – 4 weeks. bikini. ready. (week 1).
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Get Real: How to Beat Blogging Perfectionism
- Individual Chic – Best bras for big girls
- Meilily – Fitness Shoe Skepticism: FitFlops & MBTs Glorified Platform Sandals & Sneakers?
- Pursed Lips Magazine – Documentary Teaches Never Let Our Daughters Model |
- Retro Chick – 5 Ideas for Summer Days Out
- Style Symmetry – Seven Question Interview with The Clothes Horse!
- The Bare Skinny – Fifty Fierce Shoes for the Rocker Chick
- THE COVETED – Tye Died
- The Demoiselles – From the Birds: A Body Mantra
- the nerdlings – Men Have Style Too: Adventure Through The Photo Lens
- Unfunded – L.A. Fashion Market Wrap Up
[*Sorry, the original IFB image was huge; so I updated with a smaller image to help page loading!]
The March 2009 issue of Vogue Magazine features an historic and inspirational cover photograph of First Lady Michelle Obama, photographed by Annie Leibovitz. Looking relaxed, confident and real in the cover photograph, Michelle Obama is poised and calm in repose, wearing a beautiful magenta silk dress by Jason Wu.
It just might be true that Michelle Obama really is “the First Lady the world’s been waiting for” as Vogue Magazine has dubbed her. Michelle Obama, who can pull off wearing both designer fashions as well as off-the-rack clothing from J. Crew and White House | Black Market, does not come across as stiff or guarded as First Ladies sometimes can. We just can’t seem to get enough of First Lady Michelle Obama’s reachable style and down-to-earth presence.
Moreover, if the Michelle Obama March Vogue cover is any indication, this spring we are in for a treat, recession or not. I expect that magentas, fuscias, and wines will be fashionable shades for spring, and that Taiwanese designer Jason Wu, › Continue reading
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks