Monday, January 18th, 2010 | Jewelry, Weddings | 5 Comments
Down the Aisle: Wedding Stories Tales from real-life as this bride reluctantly navigates the wedding industry and heads down the aisle toward perfect bliss… oh, and perfect flowers, the perfect dress, the perfect ceremony…
Ring Shopping: Stage 1. Trying on rings and finding the right style (Part 1)
First stop: Wilkes Bashford (for Diamond in the Rough rings)
- I first noticed Diamond in the Rough brand rings in a Neiman Marcus catalog and fell in love. Searching the Diamond in the Rough site, I discover that their only local retailer is Wilkes Bashford, who just started carrying them. The rings are beautiful! Just what I am looking for – uncut, raw, and natural! My (first) favorite – a small white rough diamond in the “classic” halo style, set in white gold with a delicate pave band. I want it, but I won’t buy the very first engagement ring I try on! Plus, it comes in a different color, slightly larger. I will wait to see the other ring, but this could be true love! *More on Diamond in the Rough later… (Their rings actually appear in March 2010 on The Bride’s Guide, the Martha Stewart Weddings Blog.)
Next stop: Cartier Boutique (because I’ve always wanted to go in but never had a reason to)
- Oooh! I finally have a reason to open the huge Cartier boutique double-doors and step inside. As expected, the Cartier “bouncer” eyes me warily. The selection of Cartier engagement-style rings feels surprisingly small, but I do at least find one interesting ring style, the Ballerine band, which is different from your typical giant-gem-on-a-prong rings. There is only one in my size available in the country (yikes), but they offer to ship it over for me to try on. How nice! The Ballerine band is my 2nd choice ring, though, it is also one of the few rings I have tried on so far.
Friday, September 18th, 2009 | Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos, Skincare, Stores | 2 Comments
Meilily Product Pick and Photos! Giorgio Armani Beauty Gift with Purchase!
As promised, here are more details and photos of the Giorgio Armani gift with purchase from The Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus.
During The Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus, get a Giorgio Armani makeup and skincare gift when you spend at least $100 $150* at the Giorgio Armani counter. (Combine this with other Neiman Marcus Beauty Event gift offers, and you could end up with multiple gifts with purchase!)
*Note: Neiman Marcus just changed the Giorgio Armani offer, raising the minimum purchase (from $100 to $150) and also changing the gift items. Apparently the original Armani beauty gift was too good to last!
The Original Giorgio Armani Gift with Purchase (Shown) Includes:
- Shine Lipstick (Shade 50, mauve rose) full size
- Eyes to Kill Mascara deluxe sample 0.06 fl. oz.
- Crema Nera Cream sample 1 gram. › Continue reading
Monday, September 14th, 2009 | Fragrance, Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos, Sales, Skincare, Stores | 2 Comments
The Neiman Marcus Beauty Event is going on now, and you can get multiple gifts with purchase with qualifying beauty orders.* With a little planning, you can get a beauty gift just for making a minimum beauty purchase at Neiman Marcus, in addition to any brand-specific gifts with purchase that you qualify for.
What: The Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus (Gift with Purchase Event)
When: September 10 – 21 online, and also in store until September 20, 2009
*Full gift with purchase details available online at NeimanMarcus.com. Minimum purchase required.
Neiman Marcus Beauty Event Gift: (see photos, details, and tips below…) › Continue reading
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 | Hot Happenings, Product Launches, Sales, Stores | 1 Comment
Meilily Hot Happenings & Launch News! Gilt Fuse
Gilt Groupe describes their newly launched Gilt Fuse venture as “a great new way to mix and match today’s most-wanted labels with tomorrow’s hottest emerging brands at prices that are impossible to resist.”
As a concept, it’s great the Gilt Groupe can target that lower price point, but in execution the jury is still out on how clear the Gilt Fuse concept comes through. As of this moment, I am left wondering if Gilt Fuse is going to target a much younger female audience, or › Continue reading
Friday, March 27th, 2009 | Free Stuff, Makeup, Sales, Skincare, Stores | Comments Off
Meilily Deals Alert! Just wanted to let you know about these beauty deals (there are a bunch)!
Becca Cosmetics is having a rare site-wide 25% off sale until March 29, 2009 with code SPRINGFLING09. If you miss this sale, the latest Becca products can also be found at shops like Makeup.com and NeimanMarcus.com.
Tarte Cosmetics is offering a free Tarte Eyelash Curler with the purchase of select Tarte lash products online, using code CURLER. This $15 value gift offer expires March 31, 2009.
Skinstore.com exclusive Rodial special: “Pre-order Rodial Bum Lift today and get FREE Glam Balm Wipes ($19 Value).” Ok, so wouldn’t you like to look like this product image? Click image for more offer details:
Bliss offer extended: Receive a free full sized blood orange+white pepper body butter ($35.00 value) with your order of $75 or more at BlissWorld.com! Offer ends 4.30.09. Or get 15% off and free shipping on any Bliss or Laboratoire Remede purchase of $50 with code 039908 until March 29, 2009.
MAC Cosmetics free shipping deal: “Purchase any product featured in M·A·C SS09 and receive free shipping… No offer code necessary. This offer is valid through … May 4, 2009.”
Bobbi Brown Cosmetics is currently offering 25% off their Holiday Collection online (until January 3, 2009), and the discount is automatically applied at checkout. While the site doesn’t make it easy to figure out what qualifies as their “Holiday Collection,” this is a great discount for Bobbi Brown makeup for you or for someone you like a lot!
Also, Bobbi Brown Cosmetics is offering free 2nd-day shipping until December 20, 2008 (midnight ET) with code 2DAY.
Laura Mercier Holiday items are now 25% off with code HOL25 until January 10, 2009.
Neiman Marcus is offering free 2-day delivery at any price on most items with promo code NMFAST (until December 19, 2008 at 11:59pm CT). Neiman Marcus is currently offering special online holiday sales on many items too. The site even says you can “earn an NM Gift Card” with the 2-day free shipping, but further details were not provided.
Meilily says: Happy Holiday Shopping!
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks