Tuesday, March 1st, 2011 | Fashion, Photos, Style Picks | 4 Comments
Bringing you yet another Under $100 haul… this time from indie clothing sensation, ModCloth.com! For my first-ever ModCloth purchase, I managed to pick up some pretty fantastic items, if I may say so myself, all for under $100.
Total cost = › Continue reading
Meilily and Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) bring you this week’s top editor-selected links! There are some good reads this week, and Meilily is on the list too!
Beauty, Style, & the Blogosphere
Edited by Ashe Mischief
Beauty and Style come in many forms, and this weeks Links á la Mode choices showcase the many discussions entering the world of fashion blogging at the moment: excessive judgments, the value of personalities, and cultivating your inner beauty as well as your outer beauty. Bonne-Vie challenges the values of the show “More to Love” and Fivve Blog shares model sensation Lara Stone. Newcomer Jaka’s Tea Party calls to action with the Wholestyle Manifesto and Betsey J asks “Are we too judgmental as fashion bloggers?”
Not to overshadow this weeks Links á la Mode with too heavy of discussions, we’ve also go a great roundup of make-up tutorials & inspiration, along with great DIY projects & giveaways in the forums!
Links à la Mode : August 20th
- Ask ThinkThru: – What Can You Wear From the Office To an Event?
- Betsey J: – Have we become too judgemental when it comes to fashion & style?
- Bonne Vie: – Fox is doin’ it wrong with new reality show “More to Love”
- BRICK MY LANE: – 3-in-1 DIYs: Ripping, slashing andd patching everything, rock’n’roll style
- Broke & Beautiful – International Indie Designers can be found with Novica, plus an opportunity to REALLY make a difference by shopping.
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor – Fed up of emails from big fashion brands demanding interviews, I decided to speak to a young, bright and new designer instead.
- Denim Debutante: – How to Clean & Care for Your Premium Denim
- fivve blog: – If you have a fashion mag addiction, then you probably have seen who W Magazine is calling the “fashion it-girl” Lara Stone.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: What’s so great about Gravatars?
- Jaka’s Tea Party – A mission statement for a new movement that believes style isn’t about the clothes you wear, it’s about being a whole person.
- Little Miss Makeup: – Pretty makeup is an evergreen fashion trend. Get the low-down on how to get the look!
- Meilily: – Highlights the debut collection of Project Runway phenom Christian Siriano for VS Makeup.
- pie wacket: – yesterday I worked with Kiehl’s to create a wonderful late summer giveaway and shot an original beauty story to demo the products.
- Rags to Reverie: – 2 days ago Space 15 Twenty’s Pangaea Pop-Up makes deka ray’s architectural jewelry available for the masses
- Retro Chick: – Why we buy – One woman’s journey in fashion and the decisions we make every day.
- sweet archivia: – Anthropologie’s Secret Code – In-House Brand Guide
- THE COVETED – The Coveted: Make that a double: Take Off Your Clothes Double T-Shirt Dress
- The Demoiselles – Jennifer Nicole uncovers the secrets behind the new PETA ad, which degrades women based on weight.
- The Fashion Planner: – The Fashion Planner’s Guide to Chicago offers great places to eat, shop, and more.
- The Midnight Feast: – Did I really just put on black lipstick? How to tackle this trend: a guide for those who would prefer to leave the gothic look in the 90s.
- Unfunded – Unfunded: White Rabbit Inspired Baubles
- Wit & Whimsy: – First Look: Michael Kors Goes Hollywood Glam with the launch of VeryHollywood.com
Saturday, July 18th, 2009 | Fashion | Comments Off
Meilily has once again joined forces with Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) to bring you the top editor-selected links this week! Meilily made the list! Check it out!
Make New Friends, But Keep the Old…
Edited by AsheMischief
Because fashion bloggers love both silver & gold!
Okay, that was a bit of a cheesy, childhood song for those Stateside, but I did notice one thing this week– fresh new faces and old familiar ones. From long time contributors like Mademoiselle Robot and The Musings of Ondo Lady, to new (-to-me) Our Ocean, Links á la Mode is an amazing way to meet new bloggers and discover new territories. Think of today as Make a New Friend Day on Links á la Mode…read new blogs for a fresh dose of inspiration and revisit your favorites to remember why you love them!
As always, we’ve got a delightful mash-up of posts, too… from how to score review samples to a thoughtful post on The Uniform Project and lots of great summer clothes and jewelry. Be sure to check out the forums too, as there are several great contests going on!
Links à la Mode : July 16th
- 39thandbroadway.com – NYC vs LA – The Fashion Week Debate
- Fabulous Finds Gal – Who doesn’t love a gorgeous pin-up? The pin-up poet’s gorgeous and creative new amazing book and insightful interview with the author.
- Fashion Dare – A Nautical Nod
- Fasshonaburu – Everyone has a list like this, places to go before you turn 50, a “bucket list” of things to do before you kick it, etc. Well, it sounds shallow and superficial (and by “sounds” I mean “is”), but I have a list of things I want to buy before I enter my nex
- HiFashion – The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Good Health
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek – Wide-leg pants and how to make them work for you
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Not Buying It: How has the recession affected your fashion blog?
- Mademoiselle Robot – A London Girl’s shopping guide to Stockholm.
- Meilily – Island Style Pick: Wood & Bead Bracelet
- Our Ocean – A colourful review of the clothes in An American in Paris.
- Retro Chick – Lulu Guinness Holiday Resort 2009 Collection
- Shop Diary – 2 days ago 1stdibs.com, the renowned antiques site, just launched a vintage couture, fashion and accessories designer section.
- The Capitol Fashionista – Modern Fashionista Travel with Vintage Luggage: What better way to add a little touch of class than packing it all up in vintage luggage.
- THE COVETED – Gorgeous New, More Affordable Denim from A|X and a $500 A| Gift Card Giveaway
- The Fashion Planner – ShoeDazzle – Review of Kim Kardashian’s shoe club.
- the musings of ondo lady – Mention the word Biba and you can bet that any decent fashionista will go all starry eyed. This is because along with Mary Quant, Diane von Furstenberg and Twiggy, Biba is right up there as one of the iconic fashion brands of the 60s and 70s.
- The Recessionista – 2 days ago Essential Summer Style Tips–Tips for essential summer wardrobe staples: Tips from The Recessionista Blog and Jones’ New York Style Guru Lloyd Boston
- Think Thru Fashion – Agate Accessories: Find affordable ways to wear the trendy crystal.
- threadbared – How the Uniform Project highlights fashion’s one constant — the tension between individuality and standardization
- tickle – Fresh Catch! tickle grills the designers of Delirius, a line as flirty as NY girls
- Unfunded – All Eyes on Hayden Panettiere and Lace!
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks