This week Meilily and Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) once again bring you the top editor-selected links! There are lots of links to check out, including one from Meilily!
Edited by Jennine
It’s here. Summer’s (basically) over, back to school, back to work… even in fashion today is the official first day of Fashion Week madness, and New York is only the beginning. I’ve always thought once Labor Day rolled around, we shifted gears realizing that the year is almost out it’s time to start packing it all in! This week, we’ve got an amazing round of links…seriously, it was so hard to pick only 20. Style Amor wonders if we really need fashion week at all… Heavy Heels sense the Winds of Change, as models start chopping their locks, The Demoiselles start a getting healthy project for a bunch of ladies, kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS gets an remarkable interview with Patricia Ayers.
Links à la Mode : September 10th
- Art of Accessories – Translating the Trends: Ruffles
- BRICK MY LANE – The ruffled neckpiece – part 2
- dramatis personae – “Plus-Sized” Bras for Busty Gals
- Fashion Hippo – Giveaway: Tory Burch Logo Clutch
- Fashion Pulse Daily – FelixRey.com: Fashion Pulse Daily Readers Get an Exclusive 20% Off!
- fete a fete – Giorgio Armani Beauty Fall 2009 Manta Ray & Eyes To Kill
- Heavy Heels – Wind of Change
- Idiosyncratic Style – IdStyle File – Kaitlyn Regehr
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – How Important is Trust? A Review of Trust Agents
- Intrinsically Florrie – Luella Loveage
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS – Interview with Patricia Ayres
- Little Miss Makeup – Is applying liquid eyeliner your biggest beauty frustration?
- Meilily – Ruffled Makeup Bag by Christian Siriano for VS Makeup
- Retro Chick – Planning an Autumn Winter 2009-10 Wardrobe
- Style Amor – Do We Need Fashion Week?
- Style it You – Breaking Barriers
- Style Symmetry – The Last Hurrah Giveaway
- Stylish Thought – Stylish Thoughts on Coco, Karl & Feminism
- Super Kawaii Mama – Worn Wild – MSFW’s Dark Side
- THE COVETED – Mahtab Azimi’s Cozy Little Black Dress
- The Demoiselles – We’re Getting Healthy
Saturday, July 18th, 2009 | Fashion | Comments Off
Meilily has once again joined forces with Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) to bring you the top editor-selected links this week! Meilily made the list! Check it out!
Make New Friends, But Keep the Old…
Edited by AsheMischief
Because fashion bloggers love both silver & gold!
Okay, that was a bit of a cheesy, childhood song for those Stateside, but I did notice one thing this week– fresh new faces and old familiar ones. From long time contributors like Mademoiselle Robot and The Musings of Ondo Lady, to new (-to-me) Our Ocean, Links á la Mode is an amazing way to meet new bloggers and discover new territories. Think of today as Make a New Friend Day on Links á la Mode…read new blogs for a fresh dose of inspiration and revisit your favorites to remember why you love them!
As always, we’ve got a delightful mash-up of posts, too… from how to score review samples to a thoughtful post on The Uniform Project and lots of great summer clothes and jewelry. Be sure to check out the forums too, as there are several great contests going on!
Links à la Mode : July 16th
- 39thandbroadway.com – NYC vs LA – The Fashion Week Debate
- Fabulous Finds Gal – Who doesn’t love a gorgeous pin-up? The pin-up poet’s gorgeous and creative new amazing book and insightful interview with the author.
- Fashion Dare – A Nautical Nod
- Fasshonaburu – Everyone has a list like this, places to go before you turn 50, a “bucket list” of things to do before you kick it, etc. Well, it sounds shallow and superficial (and by “sounds” I mean “is”), but I have a list of things I want to buy before I enter my nex
- HiFashion – The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Good Health
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek – Wide-leg pants and how to make them work for you
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Not Buying It: How has the recession affected your fashion blog?
- Mademoiselle Robot – A London Girl’s shopping guide to Stockholm.
- Meilily – Island Style Pick: Wood & Bead Bracelet
- Our Ocean – A colourful review of the clothes in An American in Paris.
- Retro Chick – Lulu Guinness Holiday Resort 2009 Collection
- Shop Diary – 2 days ago 1stdibs.com, the renowned antiques site, just launched a vintage couture, fashion and accessories designer section.
- The Capitol Fashionista – Modern Fashionista Travel with Vintage Luggage: What better way to add a little touch of class than packing it all up in vintage luggage.
- THE COVETED – Gorgeous New, More Affordable Denim from A|X and a $500 A| Gift Card Giveaway
- The Fashion Planner – ShoeDazzle – Review of Kim Kardashian’s shoe club.
- the musings of ondo lady – Mention the word Biba and you can bet that any decent fashionista will go all starry eyed. This is because along with Mary Quant, Diane von Furstenberg and Twiggy, Biba is right up there as one of the iconic fashion brands of the 60s and 70s.
- The Recessionista – 2 days ago Essential Summer Style Tips–Tips for essential summer wardrobe staples: Tips from The Recessionista Blog and Jones’ New York Style Guru Lloyd Boston
- Think Thru Fashion – Agate Accessories: Find affordable ways to wear the trendy crystal.
- threadbared – How the Uniform Project highlights fashion’s one constant — the tension between individuality and standardization
- tickle – Fresh Catch! tickle grills the designers of Delirius, a line as flirty as NY girls
- Unfunded – All Eyes on Hayden Panettiere and Lace!
Dear readers, Meilily has joined forces with Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) to bring you the top 20 editor-selected IFB links this week! Meilily is on the list! Enjoy!
Edited by Dramtis Personae
This week’s Links á la Mode is a fashion potluck, a hodge podge of politics in fashion, interviews with fabulous designers, bloggers, and photographers, flashbacks in to our fashion past, and great shops and designers to check out. I couldn’t make rhyme or theme of the collection, so just sit back & enjoy some of the best the Independent Fashion Bloggers had to offer this week!
Links à la Mode : June 19th
- A Typical Atypical – Thrifting – how to thrift with success – a step by step introduction for thrifting newbies
- Awakened Aesthetic – Ever have those utterly feminine, against-the-trend days? From lingerie to accessories, Jennifer Nicole goes ethereal
- Bonne Vie – Parasol Party Review
- Breakfast at Saks – Es Trella
- Denimaniac – Best Denim Shops | Denham
- dramatis personae – Plus-Sized Eco-Friendly Fashion: A Myth?
- Fashion Matchmaker – Awesome giveaway, enter to win a beautiful, summery Love Quotes scarf!
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Get the summer blues by entering for a chance to win a pair of Current/Elliott boyfriend jeans!
- Felicia Sullivan – Interview: Entrepreneur and CEO at 24, Lindsay Phillips on Interchangable Flip Flops, Manufacturing in China, and Discovering Your Ideal Business Partner: Your Mom!
- in-mode.com – 4 weeks. bikini. ready. (week 1).
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Get Real: How to Beat Blogging Perfectionism
- Individual Chic – Best bras for big girls
- Meilily – Fitness Shoe Skepticism: FitFlops & MBTs Glorified Platform Sandals & Sneakers?
- Pursed Lips Magazine – Documentary Teaches Never Let Our Daughters Model |
- Retro Chick – 5 Ideas for Summer Days Out
- Style Symmetry – Seven Question Interview with The Clothes Horse!
- The Bare Skinny – Fifty Fierce Shoes for the Rocker Chick
- THE COVETED – Tye Died
- The Demoiselles – From the Birds: A Body Mantra
- the nerdlings – Men Have Style Too: Adventure Through The Photo Lens
- Unfunded – L.A. Fashion Market Wrap Up
[*Sorry, the original IFB image was huge; so I updated with a smaller image to help page loading!]
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks