Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 | Makeup, Photos, Product Launches, Stores | 6 Comments
I recently attended a fun Benefit Cosmetics preview party in San Francisco, and I got to try out and take home new Fall makeup from Benefit. I even got my brows done during the event and loved it! Benefit sure throws a mean party – cupcakes, cocktails, and all!
Now, I’m actually kinda excited about these new Benefit Fall products, because they’re quite fun, and would probably work with a variety of skintones!
Here are the Fall launch details and photos… › Continue reading
This week Meilily and Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) once again bring you the top editor-selected links! There are lots of links to check out, including one from Meilily!
Edited by Jennine
It’s here. Summer’s (basically) over, back to school, back to work… even in fashion today is the official first day of Fashion Week madness, and New York is only the beginning. I’ve always thought once Labor Day rolled around, we shifted gears realizing that the year is almost out it’s time to start packing it all in! This week, we’ve got an amazing round of links…seriously, it was so hard to pick only 20. Style Amor wonders if we really need fashion week at all… Heavy Heels sense the Winds of Change, as models start chopping their locks, The Demoiselles start a getting healthy project for a bunch of ladies, kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS gets an remarkable interview with Patricia Ayers.
Links à la Mode : September 10th
- Art of Accessories – Translating the Trends: Ruffles
- BRICK MY LANE – The ruffled neckpiece – part 2
- dramatis personae – “Plus-Sized” Bras for Busty Gals
- Fashion Hippo – Giveaway: Tory Burch Logo Clutch
- Fashion Pulse Daily – FelixRey.com: Fashion Pulse Daily Readers Get an Exclusive 20% Off!
- fete a fete – Giorgio Armani Beauty Fall 2009 Manta Ray & Eyes To Kill
- Heavy Heels – Wind of Change
- Idiosyncratic Style – IdStyle File – Kaitlyn Regehr
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – How Important is Trust? A Review of Trust Agents
- Intrinsically Florrie – Luella Loveage
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS – Interview with Patricia Ayres
- Little Miss Makeup – Is applying liquid eyeliner your biggest beauty frustration?
- Meilily – Ruffled Makeup Bag by Christian Siriano for VS Makeup
- Retro Chick – Planning an Autumn Winter 2009-10 Wardrobe
- Style Amor – Do We Need Fashion Week?
- Style it You – Breaking Barriers
- Style Symmetry – The Last Hurrah Giveaway
- Stylish Thought – Stylish Thoughts on Coco, Karl & Feminism
- Super Kawaii Mama – Worn Wild – MSFW’s Dark Side
- THE COVETED – Mahtab Azimi’s Cozy Little Black Dress
- The Demoiselles – We’re Getting Healthy
Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 | Makeup, Swatches | 2 Comments
Meilily Product Swatches! Christian Siriano’s Debut Makeup Collection
I’ve seen a lot of interest in the new makeup line from Project Runway winner Christian Siriano for Victoria’s Secret Makeup after I posted some details and product images. So, I got these swatches of all the new products from Christian Siriano’s debut makeup line and some top picks from the line!
Swatches of the New Christian Siriano Makeup Collection
Shown left to right: Silky Eye Shadow in Royalty (matte eggplant), Gilded Fierce (deep olive with golden shimmer), Oasis (aqua frost), Sandstorm (dusty pink frost), and Sahara (soft sand frost).
Shown bottom: Kajal Eye Liner in Eclipse (deepest black with subtle shimmer – very creamy).
More Swatches from the Christian Siriano Makeup Collection… › Continue reading
Friday, August 21st, 2009 | General, Makeup, Product Launches, Tools and Brushes | Comments Off
Meilily Product Launch News! tarte Fall 2009
This Fall, tarte cosmetics is launching some exciting new products, and Meilily has already shown you some of the new tarte products for eyes. Now, in this installment… new tarte products for face and lips!
*Note: tarte is currently having their Friends & Family Sale from August 17 – 24, 2009, with 40% off everything! Use code FF09, and don’t forget you get free shipping on orders of $60 or more. It’s a great time to pick up some new Fall goodies! Now, on to the new tarte stuff…
New tarte cosmetics Fall 2009 Products (for face & lips)
- natural beauty complexion collection a Sephora exclusive set ($54 US/$70 CDN)
- green siren natural wax cheek stain in golden apricot ($28 US/$47 CDN)
- reduce: 24/7 natural lip sheer with SPF 15 in golden coral ($14 US, $23 CDN)
More Fall 2009 Details & Official Product Images… › Continue reading
Monday, August 17th, 2009 | Fashion, Fragrance, Free Stuff, General, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Product Launches, Product Picks, Skincare, Stores, Tools and Brushes | 11 Comments
Meilily Hot Happenings & Product Launch News! Christian Siriano Makeup
Piping hot new makeup line, Christian Siriano for VS Makeup, just launched this month, and many items from Siriano’s debut limited-edition collection are already on backorder. (As of now, the bronzer-highlighter and eyeshadows in Gilded Fierce and Sahara are already backordered at VictoriasSecret.com!)
Meilily currently has an eye on the glamorous Christian Siriano black ruffled makeup bag, eye shadows, bronzer-highlighter, and… well practically everything from the new collection!
Check it out for yourself…
More product images from the debut Christian Siriano makeup collection… › Continue reading
Thursday, August 6th, 2009 | Makeup, Product Launches, Tools and Brushes | 3 Comments
Meilily Product Launch News! tarte Fall 2009
This Fall, tarte cosmetics is launching a bunch of exciting new products – can’t wait to try them! In this installment… new tarte products for eyes!
New tarte cosmetics Fall 2009 Products (for eyes)
- lifted™ natural eye primer with Firmitol™ ($20 US/$26CDN)
- femme fatale & femme naturale refillable natural eye palette sets ($44/each US, $57CDN)
- dark circle defense natural under eye corrector and brush ($32 US/$42 CDN)
More Fall 2009 Details & Official Product Images…
femme naturale (shown at top) – This reusable tarte palette is decorated with a cute fabric flower, and holds 10 eye shadows › Continue reading
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks