Sunday, April 8th, 2012 | Makeup, Photos, Product Launches, Product Picks | Comments Off
Meilily Product Photos & Details: Paul & Joe Beaute Cat Blusher Stick 10th Anniversary Limited Edition!
Parisian beauty brand, Paul & Joe Beaute, started the feline makeup trend last Fall with their adorable cat-shaped lipsticks, and now they’re back with a new Limited Edition Kitten Collection for Spring 2012. This year’s stand-out cat-shaped makeup product is the Paul & Joe Cat Blusher Stick, shown here in shade 002 Minou, a shimmering coral pink.
The fruity-floral scented Paul & Joe Beaute Blusher Sticks come in three shades, › Continue reading
Saturday, December 10th, 2011 | Makeup, Photos, Product Launches, Product Picks | Comments Off
The Nars Danmari Palette is a gorgeous limited edition set of six NARS Cosmetics blushes and bronzers. This kabuki-inspired cheek palette is just in time for the holidays and currently exclusive to Sephora. Great gift!
Why buy just one Nars blush (for $27) when you can get all six of these beautiful blushes (and bronzers) for only $65?!
Nars Danmari Blush & Bronzer Palette Shades:
- Orgasm Blush: Peach pink with gold shimmer – A cult favorite!
- Super Orgasm Blush: Peach pink with gold glitter – Party girl glam!
- Desire Blush: Bright pink – Don’t be scared!
- Sin Blush: Muted deep berry with golden shimmer – Nicely neutral and deep!
- Casino Bronzer: Medium-dark brown with slight golden shimmer – Coffee with your cream?
- Hungry Heart (1) Highlighter: Golden ivory with gold shimmer – Not your mother’s ivory!
The Nars Danmari Palette is a great gift idea for anyone who loves makeup!!! Overall, this is a well-curated blush and bronzer set- perfect for the single gal… or any gal in fact.
More Details & Descriptions: Nars Danmari All About Cheeks Palette… › Continue reading
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 | Makeup, Photos, Product Launches, Stores | 6 Comments
I recently attended a fun Benefit Cosmetics preview party in San Francisco, and I got to try out and take home new Fall makeup from Benefit. I even got my brows done during the event and loved it! Benefit sure throws a mean party – cupcakes, cocktails, and all!
Now, I’m actually kinda excited about these new Benefit Fall products, because they’re quite fun, and would probably work with a variety of skintones!
Here are the Fall launch details and photos… › Continue reading
Tuesday, July 27th, 2010 | Makeup, Photos, Product Launches, Product Picks | Comments Off
Meilily Product Photos: L’Occitane Limited Edition Peony Makeup Collection!
Exciting news! L’Occitane’s limited edition makeup collection is here! In select L’Occitane stores only, this rare garden-inspired Peony Makeup Collection is a must-see.
While wandering through a L’Occitane shop, I was drawn to a display of what appeared to be colorful flower seed packets. Imagine my surprise when I realized that L’Occitane, best known as a bath and skincare brand, has a new makeup collection out, and a pretty one at that. Each limited edition makeup shade is named after a particular peony.
Meilily’s top picks from the L’Occitane Peony Makeup Collection:
- Liquid Shine Lip Colour in 01 Marie Riviere (a flattering medium-pigmented gloss inspired by a “delicate salmon-pink peony,” according to L’Occitane)
- Facecolour Powder in 02 Valse de Vienne (a pretty “glossy pale pink” blush/eyeshadow)
- Lipstick in 03 Mme Louis Henry (a very sheer warm-pink shimmer lipstick inspired by “a pink peony with old-gold patina reflections”)
Check out these photos of items from the L’Occitane Peony Makeup Collection… › Continue reading
Meilily Makeover Report!
Remember the makeover I won in last October’s Thi Cosmetics Halloween Costume Contest? Well, I’m finally getting around to providing details on the makeover by one of my favorite makeup artists, Taylor Pham, founder of Thi Cosmetics!
Here’s a look at what the whole makeover entailed and the products used (at least what I can recall). Unfortunately, I was so busy enjoying getting made over by Taylor Pham, I forgot to check on many of the products she used on me…
- Taylor started by prepping my hair: dried it with a blow drier, curled it with a curling iron, and then placed it all in rollers (particularly big rollers up top). Then she let it set throughout the rest of the makeover.
- Next up: brow waxing and plucking. I could tell this was an important step in Taylor’s recommended beauty regimen, but I definitely had not been maintaining my brows! Tsk tsk!
- Taylor started › Continue reading
Friday, July 31st, 2009 | Contests, Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos | 22 Comments
[Update: The winner of this Meilily giveaway is... Grace! Congratulations! Big thanks to all who entered!]
Meilily Sue Devitt Giveaway! Dear readers, it’s time for another Meilily giveaway! Meilily is giving away a very pretty Sue Devitt Starbrights Palette. So, enter to win between now and August 10, and then check back to see who wins!
Win a Sue Devitt Starbrights Lip & Cheek Palette in Electra ($35 value):
Check out Meilily’s Product Photos of the Sue Devitt Starbrights Palette that you can win here!
The Starbrights Palette contains two lip glosses and a cheek gel, and Electra is described as bronze toned shades. The Sue Devitt website says, “Specifically formulated cheek gel provides long lasting color while nutrients and essential oils keep lips hydrated and healthy all day long.”
TO ENTER, simply do the following: [One entry per person please]
- Subscribe to the Meilily RSS feed.
- Post a comment below telling Meilily why you want to win!
Ways to get additional entries:
- Follow @Meilily on Twitter AND post a comment below indicating you have done so. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about the contest on Twitter AND post a comment below indicating you have done so. (1 extra entry; maximum 3)
Good Luck! from Meilily * Live Beautifully
P.S. If you like this contest, you can heart us at SugarLoving!
Meilily Product Photos: Sue Devitt Starbrights Palette
Check out these exclusive photos of the lovely Sue Devitt Starbrights Lip & Cheek Palette in Electra. (btw, You can enter to win one of these Sue Devitt Starbrights Palettes in Electra here at Meilily!)
Each Starbrights Palette contains two lip glosses and a cheek gel, and retails for US$35.
More Sue Devitt Starbrights Lip & Cheek Palette Photos… › Continue reading
Thursday, June 25th, 2009 | Makeup, Photos, Tools and Brushes | 1 Comment
Meilily IMATS Haularama!
Just wanted to share my haul from IMATS 2009, the International Makeup Artists Trade Show held in Los Angeles. I was there on Day 2 and picked up a satisfying budget-friendly haul. It’s a small haul by any means, but, I didn’t want to go overboard, given the economy right now! You should be proud!
Make Up For Ever (MUFE) offered 40% off at the show, and most exhibitors offered at least 20-30% off! So here’s what I picked up:
- MUFE Diamond Cream in shade 4 Flesh
- MUFE Empty 3 Pan Palette
- MUFE Diamond Eye Shadow in 308 Diamond Night Blue
- MUFE Eye Shadow in 167 True Blue
- MUFE Eye Shadow in 144 Periwinkle Blue
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour in Glisten (“pale peach/coral shimmer”)
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Loose Colour in Burning(“bright coral with subtle violet shimmer”)
- Mehron Cheek Cream in Bronze (~50% off!)
- Royal & Langnickel Tri-color Nylon Kabuki Brush – Small Dome (50% off!)
- Royal & Langnickel Tri-color Nylon Kabuki Brush -Medium Angle (60% off!)
Keep Reading for More Meilily Haul Photos… › Continue reading
Monday, June 22nd, 2009 | Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos, Sales | 3 Comments
Meilily traveled to Los Angeles for IMATS, the International Makeup Artists Trade Show, and was there for Day 2 of the makeup trade show. There were tons of great brands and supply stores touting their wares, including MAC Pro, Make Up For Ever, Bobbi Brown, Obsessive Compulsive Makeup, and Mehron, as well as Royal Langnickel Brushes, Namies, Nigel Beauty Emporium, and tons of others.
Here are some highlights from IMATS Day 2:
It was fantastic to see all the body painting and special effects makeovers going on!
Keep reading for more photos from IMATS… › Continue reading
Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 | Contests, Makeup, Photos | 2 Comments
Meilily Product Photos! Benefit Cosmetics Spring Bridal Makeup
Check out these exclusive Benefit Cosmetics product photos, and don’t forget to enter our May giveaway to win these three products from Meilily!
Benefit Creaseless Cream ShadowLiner in Marry Up…
Benefit Silky Powder Eye Shadow in Blushing Bride… › Continue reading
Monday, February 9th, 2009 | Free Stuff, Makeup, Photos, Product Picks | Comments Off
Meilily Product Photos & Free Shipping Alert!
I hauled MAC Cosmetics during the MAC Friends & Family Sale, and I’m finally posting some product photos.
Oh, before I forget, MAC Cosmetics still has a nice free shipping code in case you missed out on the new MAC Creamteam and Blonde Brunette Redhead collections.
Discount: MAC Cosmetics Free Shipping on any order
Free Shipping Code: LIGHTFUL9
Expires: February 9, 2009
Meilily’s latest MAC collections picks: MAC Creamteam Lipstick in Creme in your Coffee (getting raves on the beauty boards), MAC Brow Set Gel in Showoff from the Blonde Brunette Redhead collection (almost sold out everywhere).
More Meilily MAC Haul Photos: Mineralize Skinfinish (So Ceylon), Slimshine Lipstick (By Degrees), and Eye Shadow (Sumptuous Olive) › Continue reading
Monday, February 2nd, 2009 | Makeup, Product Picks, Sales, Tools and Brushes | Comments Off
Meilily Sale Alert and Product Pick!
Currently, Sephora.com has a beautiful face and eye makeup palette by Fresh on sale for 50% off! The Fresh Victoire Face Palette is now on sale for only $32.50 at Sephora, and it’s normally $65!
The mirrored Victoire Face Palette by Fresh has gotten great reviews on Sephora.com, and includes blush, face shimmer, 6 very pretty eyeshadows, and a makeup brush.
Happy Shopping from Meilily!
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks