Monday, August 23rd, 2010 | Fashion, Hot Happenings, Photos, Sales, Shoes | Comments Off
Meilily Hot Happenings & Haul Report: Barneys Sale = Marni Heels!
SF Barneys Warehouse Sale Highlights:
Not expecting to find much, I headed straight for the Barneys Women’s Shoes section at the back. (The women’s handbag and accessories selection was dismal, btw.) The first Sunday of the SF sale wasn’t too crowded and there was room to sit down and try on shoes. With shoes arranged by size in typical clearance fashion, only the right mate was available on the racks. Note: Each shoe box gets sealed with rope before you can take it over to the registers! Talk about security!
After trying on some ill-fitting Prada wedges and a chic Italian multi-strap zippered heel (just a little too large), I found some super-comfortable and cute Marni suede heels (photo below) that hugged my feet when I put them on. I was immediately sold!
More on my Barneys Sale Haul Marni Heels… › Continue reading
Meilily Hot Happenings Recap! Favorites from the Renegade Craft Fair!
Had a great time at the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco this past weekend! Did you go? Loved meeting tons of designers and supporting small/local businesses at the same time.
Some of my favorite designers from the 2010 SF Renegade Craft Fair:
- Nous Savons: Not only were the lapel necklaces unique and fun, but creator Jocelyn Nguyen was really sweet and friendly.
- Catia Chien: Illustrations – Delicate and beautiful. The children’s books she illustrated looked great! (Btw: Catia’s not listed on the Craft Fair artists page.)
- Souldier: Loved their reclaimed seat belt camera straps when I saw them on Photojojo – So many cool colors! Picked up a forest green camera strap, and I’m still trying to imagine the car it came from! (Souldier also makes guitar straps.)
- I Made You a Beard: Well-fitting well-made yarn beards. Need I say more?
› Continue reading
Saturday, April 10th, 2010 | Fragrance, Photos | 2 Comments
Meilily Product Photos: Sublime Balkiss Parfum by The Different Company!
I purchased a bottle of Sublime Balkiss by The Different Company on a whim during a trip to Barneys, likely feeling overwhelmed by their selection of fragrances and by the over-attentiveness of their staff. In the end, I am actually quite pleased with Sublime Balkiss: the subtle complexity and uniqueness of the perfume and the quality of The Different Company’s products and packaging.
The Different Company is a luxury fragrance brand that uses a high concentration of natural ingredients with the nose of perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena, who has created fragrances for brands like Hermes, Cartier, and Van Cleef & Arpels, along with his perfumer daughter Celine. Their fragrance creations are unconventionally unisex and each is designed to have a different desired overall “olfactory effect.” The Different Company has even been awarded a Green label by Greenpeace!
More photos and descriptions of Sublime Balkiss from The Different Company… › Continue reading
Happy New Year! from Meilily
Welcome to 2010! Celebrate the new year with this collection of delicate rings selected by Meilily – symbols of unity, permanence, and eternity…
Rings shown from top to bottom, left to right:
- Miera T Diamond and Morganite Ring $563 at Max & Chloe
- 1/2 Carat Brown Diamond and White Diamond 14K Yellow Gold Ring $395 at Ice.com
- 14K Gold Diamond Floral Ring $125 at Ice.com
- 10K White Gold Diamond Ring $95 at Ice.com
- Demitasse Diamond Dot Ring in Gold $599 at Otte NY
- Monique Pean Diamond Slice Ring $1,360 at Barneys New York
- Joannes Treasure Hunt Tiny Yellow Diamond Stack Rings $400 at Ylang 23
- Wouters & Hendrix Gold Single Diamond Ring $375 at La Garconne
Column 3: › Continue reading
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 | Hot Happenings, Product Launches, Sales, Stores | 1 Comment
Meilily Hot Happenings & Launch News! Gilt Fuse
Gilt Groupe describes their newly launched Gilt Fuse venture as “a great new way to mix and match today’s most-wanted labels with tomorrow’s hottest emerging brands at prices that are impossible to resist.”
As a concept, it’s great the Gilt Groupe can target that lower price point, but in execution the jury is still out on how clear the Gilt Fuse concept comes through. As of this moment, I am left wondering if Gilt Fuse is going to target a much younger female audience, or › Continue reading
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks