Monday, August 31st, 2009 | Fashion, Shoes, Style Picks | Comments Off
Meilily SHOEvolution! Strappy to Stripes
How does one get from the strappy sandal to striped boot?…
Meilily presents a visual SHOEvolution concept in black and white to represent the style transition from sandal weather to boot weather and from straps to stripes. Check it out below, along with details on these shoes available on FarFetch.com, Meilily’s shoe inspiration… —› › Continue reading
Meilily Product Photos! Christian Siriano Makeup
If you enjoy product packaging design as much as Meilily does, you’ll want to check out Meilily’s exclusive photos of Christian Siriano makeup (from the debut collection for VS Makeup). The look of the Christian Siriano Silky Eye Shadows is absolutely amazing (packaging and all) and the best of the line, so Meilily took these photos of them to share with you.
More Product Photos of Christian Siriano Eye Shadows —› › Continue reading
Sunday, August 23rd, 2009 | Makeup, Swatches | 2 Comments
Meilily Product Swatches! Christian Siriano’s Debut Makeup Collection
I’ve seen a lot of interest in the new makeup line from Project Runway winner Christian Siriano for Victoria’s Secret Makeup after I posted some details and product images. So, I got these swatches of all the new products from Christian Siriano’s debut makeup line and some top picks from the line!
Swatches of the New Christian Siriano Makeup Collection
Shown left to right: Silky Eye Shadow in Royalty (matte eggplant), Gilded Fierce (deep olive with golden shimmer), Oasis (aqua frost), Sandstorm (dusty pink frost), and Sahara (soft sand frost).
Shown bottom: Kajal Eye Liner in Eclipse (deepest black with subtle shimmer – very creamy).
More Swatches from the Christian Siriano Makeup Collection… —› › Continue reading
Friday, August 21st, 2009 | General, Makeup, Product Launches, Tools and Brushes | Comments Off
Meilily Product Launch News! tarte Fall 2009
This Fall, tarte cosmetics is launching some exciting new products, and Meilily has already shown you some of the new tarte products for eyes. Now, in this installment… new tarte products for face and lips!
*Note: tarte is currently having their Friends & Family Sale from August 17 – 24, 2009, with 40% off everything! Use code FF09, and don’t forget you get free shipping on orders of $60 or more. It’s a great time to pick up some new Fall goodies! Now, on to the new tarte stuff…
New tarte cosmetics Fall 2009 Products (for face & lips)
- natural beauty complexion collection a Sephora exclusive set ($54 US/$70 CDN)
- green siren natural wax cheek stain in golden apricot ($28 US/$47 CDN)
- reduce: 24/7 natural lip sheer with SPF 15 in golden coral ($14 US, $23 CDN)
More Fall 2009 Details & Official Product Images… —› › Continue reading
Meilily and Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) bring you this week’s top editor-selected links! There are some good reads this week, and Meilily is on the list too!
Beauty, Style, & the Blogosphere
Edited by Ashe Mischief
Beauty and Style come in many forms, and this weeks Links á la Mode choices showcase the many discussions entering the world of fashion blogging at the moment: excessive judgments, the value of personalities, and cultivating your inner beauty as well as your outer beauty. Bonne-Vie challenges the values of the show “More to Love” and Fivve Blog shares model sensation Lara Stone. Newcomer Jaka’s Tea Party calls to action with the Wholestyle Manifesto and Betsey J asks “Are we too judgmental as fashion bloggers?”
Not to overshadow this weeks Links á la Mode with too heavy of discussions, we’ve also go a great roundup of make-up tutorials & inspiration, along with great DIY projects & giveaways in the forums!
Links à la Mode : August 20th
- Ask ThinkThru: – What Can You Wear From the Office To an Event?
- Betsey J: – Have we become too judgemental when it comes to fashion & style?
- Bonne Vie: – Fox is doin’ it wrong with new reality show “More to Love”
- BRICK MY LANE: – 3-in-1 DIYs: Ripping, slashing andd patching everything, rock’n’roll style
- Broke & Beautiful – International Indie Designers can be found with Novica, plus an opportunity to REALLY make a difference by shopping.
- Confessions of a Fashion Editor – Fed up of emails from big fashion brands demanding interviews, I decided to speak to a young, bright and new designer instead.
- Denim Debutante: – How to Clean & Care for Your Premium Denim
- fivve blog: – If you have a fashion mag addiction, then you probably have seen who W Magazine is calling the “fashion it-girl” Lara Stone.
- Independent Fashion Bloggers: What’s so great about Gravatars?
- Jaka’s Tea Party – A mission statement for a new movement that believes style isn’t about the clothes you wear, it’s about being a whole person.
- Little Miss Makeup: – Pretty makeup is an evergreen fashion trend. Get the low-down on how to get the look!
- Meilily: – Highlights the debut collection of Project Runway phenom Christian Siriano for VS Makeup.
- pie wacket: – yesterday I worked with Kiehl’s to create a wonderful late summer giveaway and shot an original beauty story to demo the products.
- Rags to Reverie: – 2 days ago Space 15 Twenty’s Pangaea Pop-Up makes deka ray’s architectural jewelry available for the masses
- Retro Chick: – Why we buy – One woman’s journey in fashion and the decisions we make every day.
- sweet archivia: – Anthropologie’s Secret Code – In-House Brand Guide
- THE COVETED – The Coveted: Make that a double: Take Off Your Clothes Double T-Shirt Dress
- The Demoiselles – Jennifer Nicole uncovers the secrets behind the new PETA ad, which degrades women based on weight.
- The Fashion Planner: – The Fashion Planner’s Guide to Chicago offers great places to eat, shop, and more.
- The Midnight Feast: – Did I really just put on black lipstick? How to tackle this trend: a guide for those who would prefer to leave the gothic look in the 90s.
- Unfunded – Unfunded: White Rabbit Inspired Baubles
- Wit & Whimsy: – First Look: Michael Kors Goes Hollywood Glam with the launch of VeryHollywood.com
Tuesday, August 18th, 2009 | Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Shoes, Skincare | Comments Off
If you’ve been dying to try those FitFlops fitness sandals like I have, now is your chance! You can get a FREE pair of FitFlops (yes, free!) from Bliss when you purchase Bliss’ Fat Girl Three product set at blissworld.com. This fantastic offer is valid August 17-24, 2009.
So far, the Bliss skin toning products that I’ve tried have been very nice indeed, and this set of 3 skin-firming products couldn’t be too far off. Plus, Bliss’ free gifts with purchase are usually pretty awesome.
Bliss FatGirlThree Set includes the following 3 products:
- bliss fatgirlslim: “a lean, mean skin firming cream set that visibly diminishes dimples.”
- bliss fatgirlsleep: “a potent PM version of fat girl slim with slenderizzze complex™ ”
- bliss fatgirlscrub: “promotes circulation through exfoliation and massage”
- fitflop walkstars (blue, pink, or black/white)
To get your free FitFlops, just add the “fatgirl three plus fit flop” product to your basket in the shoe color and size of your choice ($95) and save up to $59 on the value of the free FitFlops!
Shopping Tip & Strategy:
Don’t forget this other Bliss offer: Bliss Steal Of The Week! —› › Continue reading
Monday, August 17th, 2009 | Fashion, Fragrance, Free Stuff, General, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Product Launches, Product Picks, Skincare, Stores, Tools and Brushes | 11 Comments
Meilily Hot Happenings & Product Launch News! Christian Siriano Makeup
Piping hot new makeup line, Christian Siriano for VS Makeup, just launched this month, and many items from Siriano’s debut limited-edition collection are already on backorder. (As of now, the bronzer-highlighter and eyeshadows in Gilded Fierce and Sahara are already backordered at VictoriasSecret.com!)
Meilily currently has an eye on the glamorous Christian Siriano black ruffled makeup bag, eye shadows, bronzer-highlighter, and… well practically everything from the new collection!
Check it out for yourself…
More product images from the debut Christian Siriano makeup collection… —› › Continue reading
Friday, August 14th, 2009 | Fashion, Hot Happenings, Sales, Stores | Comments Off
As promised, here are the details on the upcoming Goldyn Sample Sale!
If you haven’t yet checked out ShopGoldyn.com and their amazing selection of sale apparel, you’ve been missing out on fantastic prices and cool designers! Now, this Goldyn Sample Sale promises to be even better! The sale flyer says it all, but just in case, here are the essentials…
What: Goldyn Bi-annual Sample Sale (Up to 90% off apparel! Wow!)
When: August 17 – 23, 2009
Details: All sales final, so choose wisely!
3457 Ringsby Court #106
Denver, Colorado 80216
Btw- Don’t forget: new customers at ShopGoldyn.com get 30% off with code “GOLDYN30″! Not sure if this code will work during the sample sale, but it’s something to keep in mind!
Happy Saving! Happy Shopping! from Meilily
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 | Hot Happenings, Product Launches, Sales, Stores | 1 Comment
Meilily Hot Happenings & Launch News! Gilt Fuse
Gilt Groupe describes their newly launched Gilt Fuse venture as “a great new way to mix and match today’s most-wanted labels with tomorrow’s hottest emerging brands at prices that are impossible to resist.”
As a concept, it’s great the Gilt Groupe can target that lower price point, but in execution the jury is still out on how clear the Gilt Fuse concept comes through. As of this moment, I am left wondering if Gilt Fuse is going to target a much younger female audience, or —› › Continue reading
Meilily Giveaway Alert!
Don’t forget- Meilily is giving away a Sue Devitt Lip & Cheek Palette! Your chances of winning right now look pretty good!
To enter, just visit the Sue Devitt giveaway and follow the instructions! (ends August 10, 2009)
Good luck! from Meilily
Thursday, August 6th, 2009 | Makeup, Product Launches, Tools and Brushes | 3 Comments
Meilily Product Launch News! tarte Fall 2009
This Fall, tarte cosmetics is launching a bunch of exciting new products – can’t wait to try them! In this installment… new tarte products for eyes!
New tarte cosmetics Fall 2009 Products (for eyes)
- lifted™ natural eye primer with Firmitol™ ($20 US/$26CDN)
- femme fatale & femme naturale refillable natural eye palette sets ($44/each US, $57CDN)
- dark circle defense natural under eye corrector and brush ($32 US/$42 CDN)
More Fall 2009 Details & Official Product Images…
femme naturale (shown at top) – This reusable tarte palette is decorated with a cute fabric flower, and holds 10 eye shadows —› › Continue reading
Wednesday, August 5th, 2009 | Fashion, Free Stuff, Sales, Stores | 1 Comment
Meilily Sale & Free Stuff Alert!
Meilily brings you the scoop on some of the best deals around, from fantastic sales on eco-fashion to free nail polish and skincare! Enjoy!
- Get 3 free bottles of Zoya Nail Polish! Last Day! Zoya met its goal of 5,000 Twitter followers, so promo code TW5000 will get you 3 free bottles of Zoya nail polish at Zoya.com (until August 5, midnight PST)! Use the handy Zoya Color Finder to pick your 3 shades and get the $18 credit in your cart! (Meilily likes Zoya’s neutral pinky-nude shades.)
- Coming Soon: Goldyn’s BI-ANNUAL SAMPLE SALE! Get up to 90% OFF! Will keep you posted, but this great sale starts mid August. In the meantime… browse Goldyn’s goods, cuz new customers at ShopGoldyn.com get 30% off with code “GOLDYN30″!
Isn’t this Houndstooth Skirt cute?!
It’s by H Fredriksson and is available at Goldyn!>>>
- Get 50% off Storewide at Envi – 3 Days Only! Use code HEATWV (until August 7, 2009; not valid on final sale). If you haven’t shopped Envi yet, you should definitely check out their selection of eco-clothing, especially the sale section! Envi sale markdowns can be pretty great on brands such as Stewart + Brown, EcoSkin, and Prairie Underground. (Love the Stewart+Brown cross over petal dress in blue – only $55.30 with sale code, originally $158!)
- Get a free 2-week supply of Origins brightening skincare! Choose a FREE 2-week supply of your perfect brightening prep-step (Modern Friction™ or Never A Dull Moment®) and receive Free Standard Shipping with any Origins.com skincare order. Offer valid through 8.09.09 while supplies last.
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks