Monday, August 3rd, 2009 | Beauty Tips, Free Stuff, Product Picks, Shoes, Skincare | 1 Comment
Summer won’t be over for a while yet, so if you want to tighten up your swimsuit/short-skirt body, here’s a product for you!
Use it wherever you choose! The slighty minty cooling sensation makes it feel like something’s working, but isn’t strong enough to feel burning or distracting. Whewh!
I was surprised to see toning results after my first use, but I suppose it could have just been my imagination. Either way, I think this stuff works, so that’s pretty good for skeptical me! YMMV, of course, but I like using Bliss Love Handler for smoother tighter skin.
Don’t forget this savings code: Get 20% off fuzz fighting and body toning bestsellers at blissworld.com. Enter code HAIRY! Offer ends 8.9.09.
Or, better yet, you can browse the wide selection of fitness shoes at Blissworld.com, and pick out a pair of raved-about Swiss MBT shoes on sale for only $149… and get a Free full size Love Handler with your order! Get a FREE love handler with a $100 purchase at blissworld.com. Enter code FREELUV. Offer ends 8.9.09.
Meilily loves… Bliss Love Handler!
P.S. Meilily’s Product Tip: When you use Love Handler, you’ll probably want to wash your hands after applying it to your body so you don’t get any toning minty-ness in your eyes! Just a thought!
Friday, July 31st, 2009 | Contests, Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos | 22 Comments
[Update: The winner of this Meilily giveaway is... Grace! Congratulations! Big thanks to all who entered!]
Meilily Sue Devitt Giveaway! Dear readers, it’s time for another Meilily giveaway! Meilily is giving away a very pretty Sue Devitt Starbrights Palette. So, enter to win between now and August 10, and then check back to see who wins!
Win a Sue Devitt Starbrights Lip & Cheek Palette in Electra ($35 value):
Check out Meilily’s Product Photos of the Sue Devitt Starbrights Palette that you can win here!
The Starbrights Palette contains two lip glosses and a cheek gel, and Electra is described as bronze toned shades. The Sue Devitt website says, “Specifically formulated cheek gel provides long lasting color while nutrients and essential oils keep lips hydrated and healthy all day long.”
TO ENTER, simply do the following: [One entry per person please]
- Subscribe to the Meilily RSS feed.
- Post a comment below telling Meilily why you want to win!
Ways to get additional entries:
- Follow @Meilily on Twitter AND post a comment below indicating you have done so. (1 extra entry)
- Tweet about the contest on Twitter AND post a comment below indicating you have done so. (1 extra entry; maximum 3)
Good Luck! from Meilily * Live Beautifully
P.S. If you like this contest, you can heart us at SugarLoving!
Wednesday, July 29th, 2009 | Fashion, Photos, Product Picks, Stores | Comments Off
Meilily Product Pick, Photos, & Details!
I finally got around to publishing photos of this great gold metal beaded cuff bracelet that I found online at ShopIntuition.com. [Note: We've added ShopIntuition as an affiliate in Nov. '09]
For only $25 this woven cuff bracelet made with beaded metal wire is a great affordable accent accessory for all kinds of outfits – from jeans and a tees to —› › Continue reading
Meilily Product Photos: Sue Devitt Starbrights Palette
Check out these exclusive photos of the lovely Sue Devitt Starbrights Lip & Cheek Palette in Electra. (btw, You can enter to win one of these Sue Devitt Starbrights Palettes in Electra here at Meilily!)
Each Starbrights Palette contains two lip glosses and a cheek gel, and retails for US$35.
More Sue Devitt Starbrights Lip & Cheek Palette Photos… —› › Continue reading
Friday, July 24th, 2009 | Free Stuff, Photos | 2 Comments
Meilily Product Photos: Aveda Smooth Infusion Hair Care Sample Pack
I’ve seen a lot of interest in the free Aveda 3-piece “Smooth Infusion” hair care sample pack that I announced here on Meilily earlier. In case you haven’t yet printed out an Aveda free sample coupon and picked up your free 3-piece Smooth Infusion sampler, here are some exclusive product photos to entice you…
More Details and Exclusive Photos of the Aveda Hair Care Sampler
This Aveda hair care sample box is slightly bigger than my palm, but it is definitely a great 3-piece sample set, perfect for travel. —› › Continue reading
Wednesday, July 22nd, 2009 | Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Product Launches, Skincare | Comments Off
Meilily Free Stuff and Hot Happening Alert!
For one night only (in store) – Thursday, July 23, 2009 (5pm to 9pm) – you can get a free 10-day supply of Estee Lauder’s New Advanced Night Repair from any participating Estee Lauder counter!*
Or… find out how to get it free online if you can’t make it in to a store… —› › Continue reading
Monday, July 20th, 2009 | Hot Happenings, Sales, Stores | Comments Off
Meilily Sale Alert! Athleta Warehouse Sale!
When I first saw an Athleta catalog, I was instantly struck by how unique, well-designed, and reasonably-priced the clothes were, not to mention the fact that everything looked so wearable. Athleta has a fantastic selection of attractive performance apparel designed specifically for active stylish women, and their catalog features models and athletes who are both cute and fit! (Some of the Athleta models even have six-pack abs!)
Anyway, just wanted to make sure you know that Athleta (now part of the GAP family of stores) is having a big Warehouse Sale August 7-9 in Petaluma, CA, with prices starting at only $5. [Petaluma is just north of San Francisco.] Athleta has rarely had a sale or discount coupons in the past, so you don’t want to miss this event. Check out the Athleta Warehouse Sale flyer above for full details…
Happy Shopping! from Meilily
Saturday, July 18th, 2009 | Fashion | Comments Off
Meilily has once again joined forces with Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) to bring you the top editor-selected links this week! Meilily made the list! Check it out!
Make New Friends, But Keep the Old…
Edited by AsheMischief
Because fashion bloggers love both silver & gold!
Okay, that was a bit of a cheesy, childhood song for those Stateside, but I did notice one thing this week– fresh new faces and old familiar ones. From long time contributors like Mademoiselle Robot and The Musings of Ondo Lady, to new (-to-me) Our Ocean, Links á la Mode is an amazing way to meet new bloggers and discover new territories. Think of today as Make a New Friend Day on Links á la Mode…read new blogs for a fresh dose of inspiration and revisit your favorites to remember why you love them!
As always, we’ve got a delightful mash-up of posts, too… from how to score review samples to a thoughtful post on The Uniform Project and lots of great summer clothes and jewelry. Be sure to check out the forums too, as there are several great contests going on!
Links à la Mode : July 16th
- 39thandbroadway.com – NYC vs LA – The Fashion Week Debate
- Fabulous Finds Gal – Who doesn’t love a gorgeous pin-up? The pin-up poet’s gorgeous and creative new amazing book and insightful interview with the author.
- Fashion Dare – A Nautical Nod
- Fasshonaburu – Everyone has a list like this, places to go before you turn 50, a “bucket list” of things to do before you kick it, etc. Well, it sounds shallow and superficial (and by “sounds” I mean “is”), but I have a list of things I want to buy before I enter my nex
- HiFashion – The Lazy Girl’s Guide to Good Health
- Hong Kong Fashion Geek – Wide-leg pants and how to make them work for you
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Not Buying It: How has the recession affected your fashion blog?
- Mademoiselle Robot – A London Girl’s shopping guide to Stockholm.
- Meilily – Island Style Pick: Wood & Bead Bracelet
- Our Ocean – A colourful review of the clothes in An American in Paris.
- Retro Chick – Lulu Guinness Holiday Resort 2009 Collection
- Shop Diary – 2 days ago 1stdibs.com, the renowned antiques site, just launched a vintage couture, fashion and accessories designer section.
- The Capitol Fashionista – Modern Fashionista Travel with Vintage Luggage: What better way to add a little touch of class than packing it all up in vintage luggage.
- THE COVETED – Gorgeous New, More Affordable Denim from A|X and a $500 A| Gift Card Giveaway
- The Fashion Planner – ShoeDazzle – Review of Kim Kardashian’s shoe club.
- the musings of ondo lady – Mention the word Biba and you can bet that any decent fashionista will go all starry eyed. This is because along with Mary Quant, Diane von Furstenberg and Twiggy, Biba is right up there as one of the iconic fashion brands of the 60s and 70s.
- The Recessionista – 2 days ago Essential Summer Style Tips–Tips for essential summer wardrobe staples: Tips from The Recessionista Blog and Jones’ New York Style Guru Lloyd Boston
- Think Thru Fashion – Agate Accessories: Find affordable ways to wear the trendy crystal.
- threadbared – How the Uniform Project highlights fashion’s one constant — the tension between individuality and standardization
- tickle – Fresh Catch! tickle grills the designers of Delirius, a line as flirty as NY girls
- Unfunded – All Eyes on Hayden Panettiere and Lace!
Wednesday, July 15th, 2009 | Makeup, Photos, Product Picks, Swatches | Comments Off
Meilily Product Photos & Swatches: La Bella Donna Mineral Makeup Compact
While in Kauai, I made sure to get swatch and product photos at the beach, so with some help, here are some amazing product photos and swatches of a La Bella Donna product…
La Bella Donna Vision of Mineral Lights Compact Colour Quad – Photos & Swatches
Vision of Mineral Lights is one of several La Bella Donna Compact Colour quad products, and comes in several shades that can be used as bronzer, eye shadow, blush, and highlighter. —› › Continue reading
Friday, July 10th, 2009 | Fashion, Photos, Style Picks | 4 Comments
Found this totally awesome wood and bead bracelet in Kauai, and just had to bring it back with me. As an accessory, I think it will go exceptionally well with brown, tan, and white outfits.
The stretch beaded strands of this bracelet are feminine and exotic. I also love how the wood piece is lightweight, tropical, and fresh, yet ever-so-slightly chunky.
More Details & Another Product Photo… —› › Continue reading
Meilily Sale Alert!
15% off at The Perfumed Court Anniversary Sale! Use Code TPCanniversary for the discount until July 13. (Find out more about Meilily Featured Shop, The Perfumed Court – Love their amazing selection of fragrance decants and minis!)
Get free shipping at Beautyhabit! Use Code INDIEBH until July 12, 2009 for free US shipping on orders of $35 or more. (Great Coupon! See below for Beautyhabit products…)
Get up to 50% off during the L’Occitane Summer Sale Ending Soon. Also get free shipping this week on orders of $40 or more until Tuesday!
Happy Saving! Happy Shopping! from Meilily
Wednesday, July 8th, 2009 | Product Launches, Tools and Brushes, Wishlist | 5 Comments
Can one have a crush on brushes? I don’t normally get excited about makeup brushes, other than synthetic kabuki’s, but Lancome’s new limited edition blue-black makeup brushes are immensely attractive, and this brush set is one of only a few new products that I predict will strike ahhhh in the hearts of consumers everywhere.
The limited edition “Declaring Indigo” set of Lancome’s new blue-black brushes will be available to ship from Nordstrom.com starting July 17, 2009 (pre-order now). This smolderingly beautiful new Lancome brush set is a $124 value, and comes with four blue and black bristle brushes and a pretty blue-black brush clutch for only $52.
The Nordstrom-exclusive Lancome brush set includes the following 4 brushes:
- Mineral Powder Foundation Brush
- Foundation Brush #2 (liquid foundation brush)
- Blender Brush #4 (face and eye blender)
- Dual-Ended Brush #18 (liner and shadow)
*To view a larger-size image of the brush set with bag, click here.
(Note: According to Lucky Magazine, the price of this brush set will go up a lot after August 2!)
[Update: I checked out these brushes in person, and most of them are synthetic, according to the salesperson. I think only the blender is not synthetic. Also, the bag is really cute!]
Meilily Wishlist Item: Lancome’s Limited Edition “Declaring Indigo” Brush Set!
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks