Thursday, August 23rd, 2012 | Fashion, Featured Looks, Stores, Style Picks | Comments Off
Meilily Featured ShopStyle Look: Paris-inspired Print Blouse & Full Skirt for Summer/Fall!
If you’ve ever been to Paris and found yourself gazing longingly at any of the gorgeously understated shop windows, you’ll understand the inspiration for this Featured Look.
On my first trip to Paris, I stumbled upon an amazing window display for Parisian label, Cotelac. So delightful! Such casual sophistication!
When I soon discovered that an outfit of such understated sophistication as seen in the Cotelac shop window was not to be had for less than US$1,000, I vowed to return home and recreate the look for less.
Here is an admittedly more American take on the print blouse & full skirt combo inspired by Cotelac:
The look centers on a sheer print top in an enchanting woodsy green shade like this Maggie Ward silk blouse or a DKNY chiffon blouse with animal print (if you like that sort of thing). Of course you’ll need a full neutral skirt like this Gun Print skirt by Porcelain (found at Modcloth) or › Continue reading
Wednesday, December 1st, 2010 | Fashion, Stores, Style Picks | 4 Comments
Meilily Under $100: Haul from Jeremy’s SF Sale!
In the spirit of trying new things and celebrating good finds, I am starting a new “Under $100″ series here at Meilily, featuring hauls and items under $100!
This week’s first ever Under $100 includes an entire sale haul from Jeremy’s Department Store in SF, a veritable treasure trove of designer sample sale goodies, all for less than $100.
Under $100: Jeremy’s Sale Haul – Structure & Stripes…
Catch Jeremy’s on the first day of one of their awesome sales (ie. 40% off already discounted designer items) and you will surely leave there grinning like a Cheshire cat clutching your cherished treasures.
Here’s what I found for less than $100 (and a grin):
- Edun – Straight Leg Jeans ($13.80 ) Probably the best-fitting jeans ever!
- BDG – Dark Green Military Wool Bomber Jacket with Hood ($29.40) On trend & warm!
- Sparkle & Fade – Navy and Gray Striped 3/4 Sleeve Tee with Shoulder Point Detail ($7.80)
- Ecote – Chanel-inspired Grey 3/4 Sleeve Fleece Motorcycle Cardi-Jacket ($23.40) Classy & cute!
Total cost = › Continue reading
Thursday, November 25th, 2010 | Hot Happenings, Sales, Stores | Comments Off
Meilily Sale Alert! 2010 Black Friday Sales are plentiful and Cyber Monday sales are here to stay! To get you saving and shopping (again in your PJ’s) … here is a list of worthy 2010 Black Friday and Cyber Monday after-Thanksgiving sales from around the web. (Updated as more details come in!)
- The Perfumed Court – Thanksgiving Day save 20% on perfume decants (noon to midnight EST) with code THANKYOU; Nov. 26-29 save 15% with code PUMPKINPIE
- Levi’s – Get 40% off and free shipping for 4 hours on Cyber Monday with code CYBER40 (12pm – 4pm EST); or get free shipping on all orders and 30% off $100 with code THANKS until Nov. 29
- Melissa Joy Manning Jewelry – Get 25% off entire site on Cyber Monday with code CYBER (final sale, ends Nov. 30 midnight PST)
- Goldyn – Get 35% off everything at the ShopGoldyn.com Black Friday Cyber Monday Sale with code FRIDAYMONDAY
- Sephora – Use the new Sephora Facebook Beauty Envy app starting Nov. 23 and get a code for a free Tokidoki beauty bag to redeem with any purchase
- Beautyhabit -Get a 6 piece fragrance sampler with $65 order with code WISHLIST until Dec. 3
- Bliss – Blowout sale: Save up to 50% from 11.26 through 11.29.
- Benefit Cosmetics – Get 20% off top rated pics from Annie & Maggie. Enter FORDPICS at check out on 11.29.10 only; Get free US standard shipping on any Benefit Cosmetics order. Enter GLAMSHIP at checkout. Offer valid 11.24.10–11.29.10.
- Bare Necessities – Get $10 OFF orders over $75! Exclusions Apply, offer valid 11.23.10 – 11.30.10
- Skinstore – Save 20% off storewide. Code SNOW20. Ends 12/20
- DHC Skincare – Get 15% off all DHC orders Nov 26-29.
- Ulta -Free shipping on orders $25+ with code 512213 and $10 off $60 with code 52748 (exclusions apply); Cyber Monday get a free 12-piece sample set with online orders of $35
Sales around San Francisco: For the locals
- Jeremy’s – Save an additional 60% off women’s apparel and 50% off everything else (shoes, handbags, accessories, home and men’s) from Nov. 26-28 – Amazing deals on designer goods! *Meilily’s top pick
Friday, October 22nd, 2010 | Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos, Sales, Stores | Comments Off
Meilily Sale & Free Stuff Alert! Sephora Friends & Family Sale 2010 + Free Birthday Gift!
The moment you’ve all been waiting for is here: the Sephora Friends & Family Sale is on now! Use code FF2010 for 20% off Sephora.com purchases (until November 3).
On a somewhat related note, Sephora sent me a birthday gift this year, clearly not to be outdone by Anthropologie’s birthday gift! As a Sephora Beauty Insider (free membership) I received a coupon redeemable for a free birthday beauty gift set at Sephora.
The Sephora birthday gift includes a mini powder eyeshadow, mini eyeliner pencil, and a mini mascara. Check out more photos of the Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift Set… › Continue reading
Wednesday, September 1st, 2010 | Makeup, Photos, Product Launches, Stores | 6 Comments
I recently attended a fun Benefit Cosmetics preview party in San Francisco, and I got to try out and take home new Fall makeup from Benefit. I even got my brows done during the event and loved it! Benefit sure throws a mean party – cupcakes, cocktails, and all!
Now, I’m actually kinda excited about these new Benefit Fall products, because they’re quite fun, and would probably work with a variety of skintones!
Here are the Fall launch details and photos… › Continue reading
Monday, June 14th, 2010 | Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Stores | Comments Off
Meilily Free Stuff Alert! Nordstrom Beauty Gift & Ruffled Makeup Bag!
Just wanted to let you know about this great gift with purchase from the Nordstrom Beauty Department. Spend $100 and get a great ruffled magenta cosmetics bag and 13 deluxe samples from beauty brands like Bliss, Laura Mercier, Shiseido, and Chantecaille.
Gift with Purchase Details: › Continue reading
Meilily Sale Alert! 2009 is shaping up to be a good year for Friends & Family Sales! Finally companies realize that consumers need lower prices and more sales! To get you saving and shopping (probably in your PJ’s) … here is a list of worthy 2009 Friends & Family and Black Friday after-Thanksgiving sales, many shared by my friends over at eMakeMeUp.com. (Updated as more details come in!)
- Aveda – free shipping any order – code HOLIDAY9
- Athleta – free shipping on $50 until Dec. 15 – no code needed
- Benefit Cosmetics – FREE US shipping with any $25 Benefit Cosmetics order. Code SHIP2009 valid 11.27.09–11.30.09. Not valid with other offers. Excludes sale items & sharpeners. Offer valid one time per customer.
- Beautyhabit (one code per order)
~ free deluxe Get Well products sampler to Dec. 8 – code GETWELL
~ free 10-piece sampler to Dec. 7 – code MYGOODIES
~ free shipping on $50 – code CATALOG
~ free full size LipFusion Lip Pencil for orders of $65+ to Dec. 1 – code PUCKERUP
~ Up to 50% off site wide at blissworld.com 11.27.09 – 12.01.09!
~ Get a full size super slough scrub (a $32 value) with every purchase at blissworld.com! Offer valid 11.30.09 only!
- Giorgio Armani Cosmetics – 20% off until Nov. 30 – code FAMILY **
- The Perfumed Court
~ Thanksgiving 10% off entire site to Nov. 30 – code Thanks10
~ 25% or 40% off select fragrance decants like Armani Prive, Melissa Flagg, Lush and more- codes November25 or Fab40
- Kiehl’s – 20% off and free shipping on $30 from Nov. 27 to Dec. 1 – code FAMILY **
- Julie Hewett – 15% off until Nov. 29 – code NOV15
- Shu Uemura
~ 20% off and free shipping over $50 Nov. 27 to Dec. 1 – code WISH09
~ 20% off, free shipping, and 7 deluxe samples over $125 – code WISHDELUXE09
- Beaute Cosmetics- 20% off (Canadian pricing) until Nov. 30 thanks to awesome swatch site TNBTTGSY – code KARLASUGAR › Continue reading
Monday, November 2nd, 2009 | Fashion, Product Launches, Shoes, Stores, Style Picks | Comments Off
Attention Lady Dragon lovers: The new Spring 2010 Melissa + Vivienne Westwood Anglomania shoe collection is available now in the US, and looks really exciting!
These exciting Lady Dragon heels from the new Spring collection are as fun and amazing as the original slingbacks, and they’re now available in four new colors, or with a new shiny orb or a crown stamp! (Lady Dragon Stamp Black and Heart Gold shown)
These new Lady Dragons are currently only available in the US exclusively from Meilily’s favorite Melissa shoe provider, Epaulet in New York! (Be sure to check out the rest of the fantastic assortment of Melissa shoes at Epaulet.)
Brazilian shoe company, Melissa, the maker of sustainable and attractive rubber shoes, has yet again collaborated with famous British designer Vivienne Westwood to produce this amazing collection of Lady Dragon heels for Spring…. Yes, they’re still made from scented rubber!
New Spring 2010 Melissa + Vivienne Westwood Lady Dragon Styles: ($149)
- Lady Dragon Heart Gold (red heart) – Would really flatter tan legs!
- Lady Dragon Heart Lilac (black heart) – Loving this color combo!
- Lady Dragon Heart Ice (blue heart) – Very “icy!”
- Lady Dragon Heart Fuschia (red heart) – Plays tricks with my eyes!
- Lady Dragon Stamp Black (matte with rose stamp) – This one’s calling my name!
- Lady Dragon Orb Smoke (shiny metallic ball) – The mirrored ball sounds fun, but be sure to wear clean underwear!
Read on for More Photos of the new Spring 2010 Lady Dragons & Details… › Continue reading
Friday, October 9th, 2009 | Fashion, Hot Happenings, Product Launches, Stores, Style Picks | 2 Comments
Meilily Hot Happenings! Glamour “Fashion Gives Back” Designer Totes for Charity!
Right now, as part of Glamour Magazine’s Fashion Gives Back program, you can pick up special designer canvas tote bags exclusively at Bloomingdales NY (or Bloomingdales.com) for $35 each, and 100% of the proceeds will be donated to Dress for Success!
Glamour got six talented young designers to each design a Fashion Gives Back tote to benefit out-of-work women who need a boost. Tote bag designers include Jason Wu, the young Taiwanese designer who’s dresses have graced First Lady Michelle Obama on her first Vogue cover (and at President Obama’s inauguration), and also Brian Reyes, design duo Bensoni, jewelry designer Pamela Love, Gossip Girl designer Abigail Lorick, and shoe designer Alejandro Ingelmo.
Meilily’s two favorite Fashion Gives Back totes this year are from Jason Wu (his black gradient design is both elegant and exciting) and Brian Reyes (his red and black floral tote looks at once exotic yet strangely familiar).
Which designer tote do you like best?
**Stay tuned for more totebag photos, and Meilily just might be giving away one of these designer totes soon!
Bringing you the hottest happenings… Meilily!
Friday, September 18th, 2009 | Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos, Skincare, Stores | 2 Comments
Meilily Product Pick and Photos! Giorgio Armani Beauty Gift with Purchase!
As promised, here are more details and photos of the Giorgio Armani gift with purchase from The Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus.
During The Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus, get a Giorgio Armani makeup and skincare gift when you spend at least $100 $150* at the Giorgio Armani counter. (Combine this with other Neiman Marcus Beauty Event gift offers, and you could end up with multiple gifts with purchase!)
*Note: Neiman Marcus just changed the Giorgio Armani offer, raising the minimum purchase (from $100 to $150) and also changing the gift items. Apparently the original Armani beauty gift was too good to last!
The Original Giorgio Armani Gift with Purchase (Shown) Includes:
- Shine Lipstick (Shade 50, mauve rose) full size
- Eyes to Kill Mascara deluxe sample 0.06 fl. oz.
- Crema Nera Cream sample 1 gram. › Continue reading
Monday, September 14th, 2009 | Fragrance, Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Photos, Sales, Skincare, Stores | 2 Comments
The Neiman Marcus Beauty Event is going on now, and you can get multiple gifts with purchase with qualifying beauty orders.* With a little planning, you can get a beauty gift just for making a minimum beauty purchase at Neiman Marcus, in addition to any brand-specific gifts with purchase that you qualify for.
What: The Beauty Event at Neiman Marcus (Gift with Purchase Event)
When: September 10 – 21 online, and also in store until September 20, 2009
*Full gift with purchase details available online at NeimanMarcus.com. Minimum purchase required.
Neiman Marcus Beauty Event Gift: (see photos, details, and tips below…) › Continue reading
Monday, August 17th, 2009 | Fashion, Fragrance, Free Stuff, General, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Product Launches, Product Picks, Skincare, Stores, Tools and Brushes | 11 Comments
Meilily Hot Happenings & Product Launch News! Christian Siriano Makeup
Piping hot new makeup line, Christian Siriano for VS Makeup, just launched this month, and many items from Siriano’s debut limited-edition collection are already on backorder. (As of now, the bronzer-highlighter and eyeshadows in Gilded Fierce and Sahara are already backordered at VictoriasSecret.com!)
Meilily currently has an eye on the glamorous Christian Siriano black ruffled makeup bag, eye shadows, bronzer-highlighter, and… well practically everything from the new collection!
Check it out for yourself…
More product images from the debut Christian Siriano makeup collection… › Continue reading
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks