Monday, May 3rd, 2010 | General, Photos, Style Picks | Comments Off
Meilily Off-Beat Product Pick & Photos: Lucha Keys, Stretch Pants for Keys!
I have been on a Luchador kick lately, so I just couldn’t resist showing these luchador-inspired key jackets by Fred & Friends, though key jackets are a far cry from the beauty and style products typically featured on Meilily. To be fair, Lucha Keys are described as “stretch pants for keys,” so keys can be stylish too!
Tuesday, February 2nd, 2010 | General | 4 Comments
Down the Aisle: Wedding Stories Tales from real-life as this bride reluctantly navigates the wedding industry and heads down the aisle toward perfect bliss… oh, and perfect flowers, the perfect dress, the perfect ceremony…
Ring Shopping: Stage 1. Trying on rings and finding the right style (Part 2)
Continuing the ring shopping adventures from Part 1: A lot learned…
Random acts of desperation:
- Shreve & Co - We stop by the San Francisco store near closing time out of desperation to find something interesting. Shreve & Co has a decent selection of higher end brand name rings for women and men, however many of the rings look alike and do not jump out at me. The service is polite and the rings are pretty nice, but they aren’t quite my style – too classic, if that is possible. (Stopping by Shreve & Co in Palo Alto on a different day, staff there did not offer to help at all and largely ignored us. Wow!)
- Tiffany & Co. - I enter reluctantly, as my impression of Tiffany & Co is that they mostly have sterling silver baubles. Turns out they do have gold and platinum engagement rings, but the Tiffany’s experience leaves an odd taste in my mouth. Theirs is mostly a small selection of large diamonds on thick prongs (boring!), plus, sales staff seems oddly bored and reluctant to help.
Back to Cartier to Try a Ring in my Size!
- Cartier – Definitely less in awe the second time around, I confirm that my ring size is indeed European size “tiny,” but also realize that proportion and size both matter a lot. Proportional sizing can really change a ring remarkably. › Continue reading
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2009 | General | Comments Off
Meilily Guest Blogging Alert!
Do check out Meilily’s guest post for the Shop It To Me Blog: Gift Ideas for the Fashionista who has Everything!
What are your best gift ideas for the fashionista who has everything?
P.S. Meilily is also a Shop It To Me Featured Trendsetter this week! Hooray!
This week Meilily and Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) once again bring you the top editor-selected links! There are lots of links to check out, including one from Meilily!
Edited by Jennine
It’s here. Summer’s (basically) over, back to school, back to work… even in fashion today is the official first day of Fashion Week madness, and New York is only the beginning. I’ve always thought once Labor Day rolled around, we shifted gears realizing that the year is almost out it’s time to start packing it all in! This week, we’ve got an amazing round of links…seriously, it was so hard to pick only 20. Style Amor wonders if we really need fashion week at all… Heavy Heels sense the Winds of Change, as models start chopping their locks, The Demoiselles start a getting healthy project for a bunch of ladies, kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS gets an remarkable interview with Patricia Ayers.
Links à la Mode : September 10th
- Art of Accessories – Translating the Trends: Ruffles
- BRICK MY LANE – The ruffled neckpiece – part 2
- dramatis personae – “Plus-Sized” Bras for Busty Gals
- Fashion Hippo – Giveaway: Tory Burch Logo Clutch
- Fashion Pulse Daily – FelixRey.com: Fashion Pulse Daily Readers Get an Exclusive 20% Off!
- fete a fete – Giorgio Armani Beauty Fall 2009 Manta Ray & Eyes To Kill
- Heavy Heels – Wind of Change
- Idiosyncratic Style – IdStyle File – Kaitlyn Regehr
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – How Important is Trust? A Review of Trust Agents
- Intrinsically Florrie – Luella Loveage
- kaKofonie Of si(gh)lenS – Interview with Patricia Ayres
- Little Miss Makeup – Is applying liquid eyeliner your biggest beauty frustration?
- Meilily – Ruffled Makeup Bag by Christian Siriano for VS Makeup
- Retro Chick – Planning an Autumn Winter 2009-10 Wardrobe
- Style Amor – Do We Need Fashion Week?
- Style it You – Breaking Barriers
- Style Symmetry – The Last Hurrah Giveaway
- Stylish Thought – Stylish Thoughts on Coco, Karl & Feminism
- Super Kawaii Mama – Worn Wild – MSFW’s Dark Side
- THE COVETED – Mahtab Azimi’s Cozy Little Black Dress
- The Demoiselles – We’re Getting Healthy
Friday, August 21st, 2009 | General, Makeup, Product Launches, Tools and Brushes | Comments Off
Meilily Product Launch News! tarte Fall 2009
This Fall, tarte cosmetics is launching some exciting new products, and Meilily has already shown you some of the new tarte products for eyes. Now, in this installment… new tarte products for face and lips!
*Note: tarte is currently having their Friends & Family Sale from August 17 – 24, 2009, with 40% off everything! Use code FF09, and don’t forget you get free shipping on orders of $60 or more. It’s a great time to pick up some new Fall goodies! Now, on to the new tarte stuff…
New tarte cosmetics Fall 2009 Products (for face & lips)
- natural beauty complexion collection a Sephora exclusive set ($54 US/$70 CDN)
- green siren natural wax cheek stain in golden apricot ($28 US/$47 CDN)
- reduce: 24/7 natural lip sheer with SPF 15 in golden coral ($14 US, $23 CDN)
More Fall 2009 Details & Official Product Images… › Continue reading
Monday, August 17th, 2009 | Fashion, Fragrance, Free Stuff, General, Hot Happenings, Makeup, Product Launches, Product Picks, Skincare, Stores, Tools and Brushes | 11 Comments
Meilily Hot Happenings & Product Launch News! Christian Siriano Makeup
Piping hot new makeup line, Christian Siriano for VS Makeup, just launched this month, and many items from Siriano’s debut limited-edition collection are already on backorder. (As of now, the bronzer-highlighter and eyeshadows in Gilded Fierce and Sahara are already backordered at VictoriasSecret.com!)
Meilily currently has an eye on the glamorous Christian Siriano black ruffled makeup bag, eye shadows, bronzer-highlighter, and… well practically everything from the new collection!
Check it out for yourself…
More product images from the debut Christian Siriano makeup collection… › Continue reading
Meilily Giveaway Alert!
Don’t forget- Meilily is giving away a Sue Devitt Lip & Cheek Palette! Your chances of winning right now look pretty good!
To enter, just visit the Sue Devitt giveaway and follow the instructions! (ends August 10, 2009)
Good luck! from Meilily
Meilily Sale Alert!
15% off at The Perfumed Court Anniversary Sale! Use Code TPCanniversary for the discount until July 13. (Find out more about Meilily Featured Shop, The Perfumed Court – Love their amazing selection of fragrance decants and minis!)
Get free shipping at Beautyhabit! Use Code INDIEBH until July 12, 2009 for free US shipping on orders of $35 or more. (Great Coupon! See below for Beautyhabit products…)
Get up to 50% off during the L’Occitane Summer Sale Ending Soon. Also get free shipping this week on orders of $40 or more until Tuesday!
Happy Saving! Happy Shopping! from Meilily
Monday, July 6th, 2009 | Beauty Tips, General, Photos, Product Picks, Skincare | 2 Comments
While Meilily is on vacation in Kauai, here are some beauty and skincare product tips on what to bring on your next summer beach vacation… Check out this comparison of what Meilily brought, and what Meilily actually ended up using (and not using) while on vacation!
Beauty & Skincare Products for a Summer Beach Vacation
- Mineral Sunscreen -Lavera Sun Block SPF 40 Neutral Sunscreen (thick, mineral sun protection, whitening, but actually waterproof- perfect for hiking, snorkeling, and even beach-sitting!)
- Insect Repellent – Skin So Soft BUG GUARD Plus Picaridin Insect Repellent Towelettes (easy to apply in the right amount and smells pretty good)
- Natural Deodorant – Tom’s of Maine Natural Long-lasting Care Deodorant in Apricot (great, but perhaps not enough for a day-long trek through a swamp apparently)
- Hair Conditioner sample packets – DHC has some generous hair care samples (4 Free DHC Samples with Every Order.)
- A basic razor – I brought a disposable razor (shame on me), but non-disposable works too
- A wide brim fold-able sun hat – found one at Nordstrom on sale (so useful in hot sun!)
- Large sunglasses (really helps keep the delicate eye area protected from sun)
Good-to-haves… › Continue reading
Sunday, June 21st, 2009 | General | Comments Off
Meilily Beauty Around the Web! Just wanted to keep you posted on what’s going on around the Total Beauty community: Here are some links to keep you busy this week!
[Stay tuned for IMATS makeup show coverage and photos from Meilily up next!]
The Informed Makeup Maven discovers Votre Vu and Terra Firma Cosmetics, talks summer faves and hosts MAC, Stila and Maybelline giveaways.
Beauty Anonymous shares a preview of Jill Stuart’s upcoming 5th Anniversary Collection for fall 2009!
The Beauty Couch shares some ideas for getting that sexy 60′s Star Trek-inspired look.
Neon Bible experiments with Japanese nail art
A Little More Beautiful is giving away 1 LUSH Sweetie Stack Gift Set which includes 3 of their most popular soaps.
Dear readers, Meilily has joined forces with Independent Fashion Bloggers (IFB) to bring you the top 20 editor-selected IFB links this week! Meilily is on the list! Enjoy!
Edited by Dramtis Personae
This week’s Links á la Mode is a fashion potluck, a hodge podge of politics in fashion, interviews with fabulous designers, bloggers, and photographers, flashbacks in to our fashion past, and great shops and designers to check out. I couldn’t make rhyme or theme of the collection, so just sit back & enjoy some of the best the Independent Fashion Bloggers had to offer this week!
Links à la Mode : June 19th
- A Typical Atypical – Thrifting – how to thrift with success – a step by step introduction for thrifting newbies
- Awakened Aesthetic – Ever have those utterly feminine, against-the-trend days? From lingerie to accessories, Jennifer Nicole goes ethereal
- Bonne Vie – Parasol Party Review
- Breakfast at Saks – Es Trella
- Denimaniac – Best Denim Shops | Denham
- dramatis personae – Plus-Sized Eco-Friendly Fashion: A Myth?
- Fashion Matchmaker – Awesome giveaway, enter to win a beautiful, summery Love Quotes scarf!
- Fashion Pulse Daily – Get the summer blues by entering for a chance to win a pair of Current/Elliott boyfriend jeans!
- Felicia Sullivan – Interview: Entrepreneur and CEO at 24, Lindsay Phillips on Interchangable Flip Flops, Manufacturing in China, and Discovering Your Ideal Business Partner: Your Mom!
- in-mode.com – 4 weeks. bikini. ready. (week 1).
- Independent Fashion Bloggers – Get Real: How to Beat Blogging Perfectionism
- Individual Chic – Best bras for big girls
- Meilily – Fitness Shoe Skepticism: FitFlops & MBTs Glorified Platform Sandals & Sneakers?
- Pursed Lips Magazine – Documentary Teaches Never Let Our Daughters Model |
- Retro Chick – 5 Ideas for Summer Days Out
- Style Symmetry – Seven Question Interview with The Clothes Horse!
- The Bare Skinny – Fifty Fierce Shoes for the Rocker Chick
- THE COVETED – Tye Died
- The Demoiselles – From the Birds: A Body Mantra
- the nerdlings – Men Have Style Too: Adventure Through The Photo Lens
- Unfunded – L.A. Fashion Market Wrap Up
[*Sorry, the original IFB image was huge; so I updated with a smaller image to help page loading!]
Monday, June 15th, 2009 | General, Style and Technology | 25 Comments
Specialized toning fitness shoes are popping up all over the place these days. Originating with curved sole MBT sneakers and semi-wedge FitFlops, these trendy “fitness shoes” are supposed to help tone muscles, improve posture, and more! Am I going to jump on the leg-toning fitness shoe bandwagon and buy MBT sneakers or FitFlops (or both)? I think not!
I find the latest trend selling glorified platform sneakers and flip flops as special fitness shoes disconcerting. The average toning fitness flip flop seems to cost twice as much as the regular platform flip flop sandals that I wear (by Flojos); the average toning fitness sneaker seems to cost four times the price of my beloved Aldo or Nine West platform wedge sandals. I hope this trend does not mean that my usual platform sandals are going to cost a lot more from now on because they’ve been toning my legs as I walk!
What Fitness Shoes Can Supposedly Do
FitFlop, for example, claims that their fitness sandals can help › Continue reading
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks