Thursday, September 22nd, 2016 | Collaborations, Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Jewelry, Product Launches, Product Picks, Skincare, Swatches | Comments Off
Meilily is all aflutter these days over the new Fig + Yarrow for Target skincare collaboration, one of our favorite Target collaborations ever! The Fig + Yarrow Palmarosa Cleanser is the brand’s favorite from their Target collaboration, so we’ve been eagerly waiting to try it.
Read on for a full review of this standout product from the Target skincare collaboration, the Palmarosa Cleanser!
Review : Fig + Yarrow Palmarosa Charcoal Cleanser (4 oz., $19.99)
Our first question: “What the heck is palmarosa?“
Tuesday, December 1st, 2015 | General, Jewelry, Lifestyle Tips | Comments Off
Meilily Lifestyle: 5 Tips for a Calmer Happier Holiday Shopping Season: Habits, resources, and ideas to help us keep our cool.
It’s that time of year to re-visit our goals and inspirations (and our closets) to see what has been working and what hasn’t, and to find new ways to improve each day.
Let’s start with an easy yet powerful tip…
5. Make Your Bed - One of the easiest morning habits of many of the world’s most successful people is simply making the bed, according to bestelling author Tim Ferriss (“The 4-Hour Body”, Tim’s podcast episode on 5 Morning Rituals). This only takes 5-10 seconds to do, and creates a fresh space first thing in the morning. Also, developing small habits can help increase willpower, which will come in handy trying to resist shoes we don’t need.
4. Keep Calm and Step Away from Facebook - When you get the urge to check Facebook (link intentionally removed), instead, › Continue reading
Sunday, July 15th, 2012 | Jewelry, Photos, Product Picks, Style Picks | Comments Off
Erica Weiner is still one of my favorite indie jewelry makers. From the ingenuity and whimsy of her best-selling handcuff lariat necklace, and now to the vintage sweetness of her letterpress lyrics heart necklaces, there’s something extra special about Erica Weiner’s pieces.
Earlier this year, during a sale, I picked up a couple Sweetheart Necklaces by Erica Weiner with custom stamped text on both sides. The one inch brass heart is like a larger and flatter sweetheart candy heart on a 16″ chain, and with custom, slightly imperfect, letterpress lettering it looks rather striking and feels one-of-a-kind.
I chose to customize the necklaces with lyrics › Continue reading
Friday, February 4th, 2011 | Jewelry, Photos, Style Picks | 2 Comments
Way back in March I finally ordered my very first Melissa Joy Manning jewelry piece, though I had been drooling over her jewelry for quite some time. Luckily I had the perfect excuse to shop, since Melissa Joy Manning was giving 100% of Sales of the Moonstone Ring to Red Cross Haiti relief efforts.
Monday, October 11th, 2010 | Free Stuff, Hot Happenings, Jewelry, Photos | 4 Comments
During my birthday month, Anthroplogie personally sent me a lovely birthday card and birthday gift. So thoughtful of them to remember my birthday! I know how busy they must be coming up with the cutest clothing every season, but they somehow managed to remember!
Perhaps it helped that I am an Anthropologie “member.” I originally signed up because it’s free and I like to shop there – plus they give you a membership card, the Anthro Card, in a really cute fabric drawstring bag. Since then, I have discovered some nice perks to being an Anthro account holder, including free shipping and now a surprise birthday gift!
What Anthropologie Got Me for My Birthday
Inside a lovely envelope of thick paper, I found a white card with a cupcake motif attached to a cute candle necklace › Continue reading
Meilily Hot Happenings Recap! Favorites from the Renegade Craft Fair!
Had a great time at the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco this past weekend! Did you go? Loved meeting tons of designers and supporting small/local businesses at the same time.
Some of my favorite designers from the 2010 SF Renegade Craft Fair:
- Nous Savons: Not only were the lapel necklaces unique and fun, but creator Jocelyn Nguyen was really sweet and friendly.
- Catia Chien: Illustrations – Delicate and beautiful. The children’s books she illustrated looked great! (Btw: Catia’s not listed on the Craft Fair artists page.)
- Souldier: Loved their reclaimed seat belt camera straps when I saw them on Photojojo – So many cool colors! Picked up a forest green camera strap, and I’m still trying to imagine the car it came from! (Souldier also makes guitar straps.)
- I Made You a Beard: Well-fitting well-made yarn beards. Need I say more?
› Continue reading
Tuesday, July 13th, 2010 | Jewelry, Photos, Product Picks | Comments Off
Meilily Product Pick & Photos: Nervous System Algal Bloom Necklace!
I first discovered Nervous System jewelry on Design Milk, when a white silicone rubber rodialaria necklace caught my eye, with its organic cells forming a sort of crystalline honeycomb blossom. I immediately picked up a large algal bloom necklace (shown here), a white rodialaria bracelet, and a small stainless steel rodialaria necklace. Love all of it!
Nervous System creates fascinating and unique modern jewelry based on natural geometries and system generated design. Their work is high quality, slightly geeky, and uber-gorgeous. Check out these photos!
This large Algal Bloom Necklace is one of my favorite pieces of jewelry from Nervous System, photographed here in gold. This necklace is gorgeous – I get compliments all the time. › Continue reading
Meilily Sale Alert! Melissa Joy Manning Jewelry weekly sales!
One of my favorite jewelry makers, Melissa Joy Manning, is currently having weekly specials on exquisite jewelry made in their Oakland, California studio.
Today only, get 25% off handmade chains at Melissa Joy Manning! Use code CHAINS today, March 19, only.
Not to worry if you miss this special, as each week there is a new special offered at the Melissa Joy Manning (MJM) online shop. (Plus you can always find MJM jewelry at tons of other retailers, including Barney’s and Free People.)
*btw 10% of MJM sales go to the Red Cross for Haiti this month! Also MJM uses recycled gold!
Monday, January 18th, 2010 | Jewelry, Weddings | 5 Comments
Down the Aisle: Wedding Stories Tales from real-life as this bride reluctantly navigates the wedding industry and heads down the aisle toward perfect bliss… oh, and perfect flowers, the perfect dress, the perfect ceremony…
Ring Shopping: Stage 1. Trying on rings and finding the right style (Part 1)
First stop: Wilkes Bashford (for Diamond in the Rough rings)
- I first noticed Diamond in the Rough brand rings in a Neiman Marcus catalog and fell in love. Searching the Diamond in the Rough site, I discover that their only local retailer is Wilkes Bashford, who just started carrying them. The rings are beautiful! Just what I am looking for – uncut, raw, and natural! My (first) favorite – a small white rough diamond in the “classic” halo style, set in white gold with a delicate pave band. I want it, but I won’t buy the very first engagement ring I try on! Plus, it comes in a different color, slightly larger. I will wait to see the other ring, but this could be true love! *More on Diamond in the Rough later… (Their rings actually appear in March 2010 on The Bride’s Guide, the Martha Stewart Weddings Blog.)
Next stop: Cartier Boutique (because I’ve always wanted to go in but never had a reason to)
- Oooh! I finally have a reason to open the huge Cartier boutique double-doors and step inside. As expected, the Cartier “bouncer” eyes me warily. The selection of Cartier engagement-style rings feels surprisingly small, but I do at least find one interesting ring style, the Ballerine band, which is different from your typical giant-gem-on-a-prong rings. There is only one in my size available in the country (yikes), but they offer to ship it over for me to try on. How nice! The Ballerine band is my 2nd choice ring, though, it is also one of the few rings I have tried on so far.
Happy New Year! from Meilily
Welcome to 2010! Celebrate the new year with this collection of delicate rings selected by Meilily – symbols of unity, permanence, and eternity…
Rings shown from top to bottom, left to right:
- Miera T Diamond and Morganite Ring $563 at Max & Chloe
- 1/2 Carat Brown Diamond and White Diamond 14K Yellow Gold Ring $395 at Ice.com
- 14K Gold Diamond Floral Ring $125 at Ice.com
- 10K White Gold Diamond Ring $95 at Ice.com
- Demitasse Diamond Dot Ring in Gold $599 at Otte NY
- Monique Pean Diamond Slice Ring $1,360 at Barneys New York
- Joannes Treasure Hunt Tiny Yellow Diamond Stack Rings $400 at Ylang 23
- Wouters & Hendrix Gold Single Diamond Ring $375 at La Garconne
Column 3: › Continue reading
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks