Monday, July 18th, 2016 | Beauty Tips, Collaborations, Hot Happenings, Product Launches, Skincare
Meilily Hot Happenings: Target & Fig + Yarrow Skincare Collaboration Alert!
When we think of hip trendy skincare, we don’t typically think of Target, but all that is about to change with the new Fig + Yarrow collaboration with Target, hitting shelves any day now!
Current Status: Supposed to launch mid July, the Fig + Yarrow for Target skincare line is technically up on the Target.com site now, and… as of July 27, all products except for the Facial Serum are currently available!
For now, here is a sneak peak at the Fig + Yarrow products at Target and our thoughts on prices.
Meilily’s Must-Try Products from the Target & Fig + Yarrow Line?
We’re very intrigued by the sulfate-free Palmarosa Charcoal Cleanser, which, according to other sources, was developed just for Target and has anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties! We also can’t wait to try one of the clay masks, like the French Green Clay Mask (2 oz, $15.99), and the Orange Blossom Lavender Complexion Water (4 oz., $19.99).
Will the Fig + Yarrow Collaboration at Target be More Affordable?
The answer is yes, it depends.
Compared to the original skincare line, the Fig + Yarrow collaboration products for Target will have a significantly cheaper per ounce price, and some items will be sold at a significantly lower overall price, while other items will be priced only slightly lower.
Items like the Complexion Waters are normally $42 for 4 oz., but for Target the Complexion Water in the same size will cost only $19.99. A Facial Serum from the original line is normally $38 for 0.5 oz., but for Target, the Argan Squalane Facial Serum will cost only $19.99 for 1 fl oz.
Why are Some Collaboration Items Only Slightly Cheaper Overall?
Well, Target will have a significantly cheaper price per ounce, but for certain items like clay masks, the price of one jar is just slightly less overall, since they’re adding more product to each jar for Target.
- So you get more product for a slightly lower take-home price per jar.
- If you look at the per ounce price, all things being equal, original price is $15/oz., the Fig + Yarrow clay masks for Target will be only $8/oz!
- Theoretically then, for the sake of comparison, if Fig + Yarrow clay masks for Target were sold in the same 1.2 oz product size as the original line but priced at the cheaper per ounce Target collaboration price, a 1.2 oz. Fig + Yarrow clay mask would cost only $9.60 a jar instead of $18.
(Note: Urban Outfitters also has a Fig + Yarrow line, but the clay masks are $16 for 1.2 0z., or $13.33/oz.)
Target & Fig + Yarrow Launch Products:
- Fig + Yarrow French Green Clay Mask (2 oz., $15.99)
- Fig + Yarrow Rose Clay Mask (2 oz., $15.99)
- Fig + Yarrow Palmarosa Charcoal Cleanser (4 oz., $19.99)
- Fig + Yarrow Facial Serum Argan Squalane (1 oz., $19.99)
- Fig + Yarrow Orange Blossom Lavender Complexion Water (4 oz., $19.99)
We’re keeping an eye out and will let you know once we get our hands on some yummy clay masks and other skincare products from the line.
Stay tuned for more product reviews and photos…
Meilily loves… Hot Skincare Collaborations! Fig + Yarrow for Target!
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks