Friday, August 6th, 2010 | DIY, Fashion, Hot Happenings, Jewelry, Photos
Meilily Hot Happenings Recap! Favorites from the Renegade Craft Fair!
Had a great time at the Renegade Craft Fair in San Francisco this past weekend! Did you go? Loved meeting tons of designers and supporting small/local businesses at the same time.
Some of my favorite designers from the 2010 SF Renegade Craft Fair:
- Nous Savons: Not only were the lapel necklaces unique and fun, but creator Jocelyn Nguyen was really sweet and friendly.
- Catia Chien: Illustrations – Delicate and beautiful. The children’s books she illustrated looked great! (Btw: Catia’s not listed on the Craft Fair artists page.)
- Souldier: Loved their reclaimed seat belt camera straps when I saw them on Photojojo – So many cool colors! Picked up a forest green camera strap, and I’m still trying to imagine the car it came from! (Souldier also makes guitar straps.)
- I Made You a Beard: Well-fitting well-made yarn beards. Need I say more?
- Fernworks: Delicate resin jewelry containing found objects like ferns, seeds, grass, seahorses, etc. Love the moss resin necklaces.
- Erica Weiner: They had discounted pricing at the fair, and the letterpress necklaces were pretty cool in person. Of course my fav is still the brass handcuff necklace.
Overall, I actually enjoyed the free SF Renegade Craft Fair more than the Maker Faire, which costs about $20 to attend! Best of all, the Craft Fair was right next to the SF Barneys Warehouse Sale!
Didn’t make it to all the booths, so I’m looking forward to discovering new favorites next year!
Hope to see you at the Fair next year! from Meilily
*Flyer image courtesy of Renegade Craft Fair
1 Comment to SF Renegade Craft Fair Highlights
*New: Get Meilily Updates by Email!
- Beauty and Awareness
- Beauty and Science
- Beauty and the Law
- Beauty Tips
- Featured Looks
- Featured Shops
- Free Stuff
- Hot Happenings
- Lifestyle Tips
- Nail Polish
- Product Launches
- Product Picks
- Product Testing
- Style and Technology
- Style Picks
- Tools and Brushes
- Work Product Picks